tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Next Card advice?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:
Mongstradamus-

Thanks! I am new to this and wondering- if I get pre-approved is that a good reflection of my actual approval odds for applying for the cards?

That part I am not sure about, I think you qualified or met some of their pre approval requirements,but its not quite an shoe in or guarantee you will be approved

It is not a guarantee (e.g. something might have appeared on your CR after their pull), but as someone (enharu?) said it's a better predictor than anything else that you get.

So its about as accurate as a Weather report. If you believe in those.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 15
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@loviedovie wrote:
Mongstradamus-

Thanks! I am new to this and wondering- if I get pre-approved is that a good reflection of my actual approval odds for applying for the cards?

That part I am not sure about, I think you qualified or met some of their pre approval requirements,but its not quite an shoe in or guarantee you will be approved

It is not a guarantee (e.g. something might have appeared on your CR after their pull), but as someone (enharu?) said it's a better predictor than anything else that you get.

So its about as accurate as a Weather report. If you believe in those.

LOL! Well, 3-day forecasts are about 85% accurate, and 4-7 day forecasts are about 75% accurate!

So, obviously not perfect...but definitely not as bad as many think XD

Message 12 of 15
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

The Discover/Chase Freedom duo is a great way to start out.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 13 of 15
aerin_sol

For the record Citi Forward *does* have a rewards system.  5x points on bookstores, restaurants and entertainment, and 1x points on the rest.

Citi Forward ($1700)
Discover IT ($1500)
Chase Freedom ($1000)
AMEX BCE ($2000)
Message 14 of 15
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

aerin_sol that is true. It's just that from what I have noticed so far, the thank you points can pile up into tens of thousands before you can get even a 50$ gift card back. So I thought maybe a cash back card would yield more rewards with a straight 1% return.. Maybe I just have to look into it more?
Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.