Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Cards To App For?

tag
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

Next Cards To App For?

I've come a long way on this journey and I am beginning to finally make the turn into the green zone. I checked my new FICO score this morning and I am at 666 (I know this is a very ugly number, but I will take it). My goal is 700. I just opened new accounts the past couple weeks with Amazon and Walmart (just last week they gave me cli from $600 to $5k and $4k respectively) and have already received bumps. I have 2 cap one cards (Quicksilvers both). Then I have my cu great rate card, but it only reports to Experian and Equifax. I just rehabbed my student loans and only have one charge off on my report from 2010.

Now that I am officially making this turn to 700 and beyond, should I sit tight a few months and let things marinate? I want to app for the Discover IT and Amex BCE. These are the two I have my eye on. I have gone to both prequal sites and there is no approval yet when I type in my info. I would like a travel rewards card, but I will probably go with the Venture from Cap 1.

If anybody has advice for me at this time I would appreciate. I planned on waiting until Aug/Sept to do anything else, but when the prize is there, you should go for it right? Thanks!

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.