Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Cards?

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Next Cards?

your best bet is going to be a local cu or a store card. discover citi boa amex chase are all likely to deny you due to bk so recent. there have been a few posters here getting approved with prime but that was due to a bk nearly being 6 yrs old. keep in mind if you do decide to close the mentioned accounts they will remain as a positive tradeline on your reports for the next 10 yrs so it wont affect your aaoa yet

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 20
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Thank you, root. 

Even over 2 years out the bk is considered new, with a fico of 725? 

As for aaoa, I have loans that are over 20 years old that are paid in full that remain on my credit report (cars, houses, credit cards, student loans, etc).

Message 12 of 20
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Hopelives2 wrote:

Thank you, root. 

Even over 2 years out the bk is considered new, with a fico of 725? 

As for aaoa, I have loans that are over 20 years old that are paid in full that remain on my credit report (cars, houses, credit cards, student loans, etc).

more then likely yes a prime creditor is more then likely going to see 2 yrs post bk new or recent. do you have any military family or any family that is members of navy federal credit union?

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 13 of 20
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

My father served in Korea; my cousin is a naval officer (but I have not spoken to him in years - maybe 20 - or longer)

Message 14 of 20
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

is your father military retired? if you have a way in with nfcu they would be your best bet given your credit picture and score with bk. you can always call and see if your eligible but if your father is military retired that would make you eligible

Message 15 of 20
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Hopelives2 wrote:

My father served in Korea; my cousin is a naval officer (but I have not spoken to him in years - maybe 20 - or longer)

Father probably won't count if he didn't retire from military as opposed to being a vetern.  If you are willing to do the work, you could see if cousin is member or get him to join NFCU.  Then you would need to get your aunt/uncle join, then get your mom/dad join.  Then you could join.  NFCU would love you and likely give you huge credit line given your scores.

Give me your location and I will recommend a few credit unions in your area.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 20
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

I belong to a credit union already - that is why I was able to buy my Escalade last May, less than 12 months post BK.  They also have my check protection line (the $1800).

My dad did not retire, he was honorably discharged after active duty (he was military police,and then served our community for 10 years after that).

I moving to FL; west coast.... any suggestions there to start?  I've thought about NASA, that'd be easy to get as I am a member of the national science group.

Others?  BTW, I am in NO rush as I want everything to be stable before apping to a prime card (aka: job, money in bank, stock portfolio rebuilt yet again - I pilfered ito pay for my spring semester)...

Thank you!

Message 17 of 20
qtcbcute
Contributor

@Hopelives2 wrote:

I belong to a credit union already - that is why I was able to buy my Escalade last May, less than 12 months post BK.  They also have my check protection line (the $1800).

My dad did not retire, he was honorably discharged after active duty (he was military police,and then served our community for 10 years after that).

I moving to FL; west coast.... any suggestions there to start?  I've thought about NASA, that'd be easy to get as I am a member of the national science group.

Others?  BTW, I am in NO rush as I want everything to be stable before apping to a prime card (aka: job, money in bank, stock portfolio rebuilt yet again - I pilfered ito pay for my spring semester)...

Thank you!

I live in Florida, southwest to be exact and I joined Florida Central Credit Union. They refinanced my vehicle for me with a great rate (for my credit score). I haven't obtained a credit card with them yet but I plan to in a few months. They have branches in quite a few counties. Google and see if they might be what you're looking for.

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 20
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Hope,

Grow Financial FCU is in Florida and BK friendly and anyone in FL can join.  Not sure if location near you but I definitely recommend going into branch to talk to loan officer in person if close by with your credit report and score and income proof.

I hear you will get auto denial from Barclay's with BK so close, but read about lots of luck during recon. getting approved.  Remember, Barclay's is sensitive to too many accounts opened close before and after you get their card.

Listed below are some national CUs that are/were BK friendly but they are like 2-3 years BK friendly.  Worth calling them before joining to see if what if policy is still the same:

Apple Federal Credit Union

Patelco

First Federal Financial Credit Union

Alliant (make sure the join the right alliant)

DCU

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 19 of 20
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions!!

So the Aliant with one "L" in it?

I will be on the west coast of FL as well.  Not so far south as Naples (I wish!) but close enough, and will check out your ideas.

Thank you again!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.