Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next MC or VISA?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Next MC or VISA?

Well cap 1 is known for doing that. They can care less if you cancel as well. But. This year. For some reason. They seem to be changing. Giving multiple cli's and competitive increases. I say just sd the card. Contact eo to drop af. Then if they don't. Ask to PC to non af card. If no luck say. Adios.
Message 21 of 32
mab463
Established Member

And that I understand but the card has the worst APR at 24.9%, an annual fee, and no perks and they wont' do anything. I have a Discover which I wouldn't get rid of just if they wouldn't increase the CL because it has other htings going for it.

I'm not trying to sound entitled but that card is just ridiculous. I also have had a great banking relationship with Capital One and kept a lot of money in savings at one point and that hasn't helped either. If they can't help me then I'm hoping to find another company who can be more like Discover and then I'll just let that grow. No reason to keep a card with an AF if I have one without.

Capital One MC - $750 CL
Discover IT - $750 CL

Gardening since 6/18/14
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get that you arent trying to sound entitled but based on this and your other thread thats kind of how your coming across. You havent had the card for very long, this is the card you applied for so I'm assuming you read the details prior to doing so and understood what you were getting. Since Capital One responded quickly to my request with having the Platinum card for less than a month then I cant really say why they arent more open to helping you. Except that if you speak to them the way you do on this site then I could kind of see why your getting no assistance. Have no idea how an established banking relationship works when trying to get assistance with credit cards but I'm guessing that would normally be a plus.

Message 23 of 32
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@mab463 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

go for the Chase while you still can!

The offer expires??

There are many things that can impact one's eligibility for credit card acceptance including but limited to: (some may or may not apply to you)

* Changes in New Account Reporting
* Changes in AAoA Reporting
* Changes in Utilization Reporting
* Inquiries
* Threshold/Tolerance level for acceptance based on current promotions
* The economy

If your goal is to replace Capital One with a better bank then Chase is right in front of you.

Message 24 of 32
mab463
Established Member

@CallaLilyLover wrote:

I get that you arent trying to sound entitled but based on this and your other thread thats kind of how your coming across. You havent had the card for very long, this is the card you applied for so I'm assuming you read the details prior to doing so and understood what you were getting. Since Capital One responded quickly to my request with having the Platinum card for less than a month then I cant really say why they arent more open to helping you. Except that if you speak to them the way you do on this site then I could kind of see why your getting no assistance. Have no idea how an established banking relationship works when trying to get assistance with credit cards but I'm guessing that would normally be a plus.

I don't think that's fair. Would you not say it's strategic to try and replace the card with the AF? If they gave me a better CL I would have a reason to keep them. The APR is at 24.9% and there are no perks. I chose this card cause the branch manager said it was the one I was most likely to get approved for and in 6 months they'd probably give me something better. I'm here at 6 months with a much better salary, nothing negative on teh report and am looking for some help. Your wording makes me hesitant to want to post anymore, so I think I'll stop.

Capital One MC - $750 CL
Discover IT - $750 CL

Gardening since 6/18/14
Message 25 of 32
mab463
Established Member

@-Cal- wrote:

@mab463 wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

go for the Chase while you still can!

The offer expires??

There are many things that can impact one's eligibility for credit card acceptance including but limited to: (some may or may not apply to you)

* Changes in New Account Reporting
* Changes in AAoA Reporting
* Changes in Utilization Reporting
* Inquiries
* Threshold/Tolerance level for acceptance based on current promotions
* The economy

If your goal is to replace Capital One with a better bank then Chase is right in front of you.

Thank you for the good advice.

Capital One MC - $750 CL
Discover IT - $750 CL

Gardening since 6/18/14
Message 26 of 32
taxi818
Super Contributor

CallaLilyLover wrote: I get that you arent trying to sound entitled but based on this and your other thread thats kind of how your coming across. You havent had the card for very long, this is the card you applied for so I'm assuming you read the details prior to doing so and understood what you were getting. Since Capital One responded quickly to my request with having the Platinum card for less than a month then I cant really say why they arent more open to helping you. Except that if you speak to them the way you do on this site then I could kind of see why your getting no assistance. Have no idea how an established banking relationship works when trying to get assistance with credit cards but I'm guessing that would normally be a plus. +1

thats why I said cap 1 also noticed something. I only have 4months aa of a like you. But somehow my eq score they pulled on discover. Was 680. And I got 2500. So how you only got 750. Something don't smell right Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 32
taxi818
Super Contributor

That annual fee is nothing. But. If that's why you want to change. I agree. Cancel it

Message 28 of 32
mab463
Established Member

Just for reference, my mother had me on a card as AU with utilization at 90%. I wasn't aware when I applied and don't blame them for rejecting the app initially and giving me the low CL. The circumstances have changed, and I've been asking them to consider that and they dont even call back. I'm sorry if that smells fishy or something is up, but I find it insane that they wouldn't let me put down the income of my parnets (who paid my bills at the time) cause I tried that and they wanted MY tax returns and then they held against me the high utilization card on which I'm an AU.

I understand that it's not necessarily Cap One's fault but I dont' get why it's strange to want to try and change my card now that my circumstance has changed. I graduated fromo college and my parents paid back their AU lines......that's all there is to this story

Capital One MC - $750 CL
Discover IT - $750 CL

Gardening since 6/18/14
Message 29 of 32
taxi818
Super Contributor

No. I don't find it strange. ANd you are right. Your circumstances have changed. But the bank will want you to prove yourself to give you more. Did you say they want tax returns. That means 

they did not deny you outright. But. Other guy posted. Give chase a try. I would do it. 

And cancel asap. I think I have 2 cards with af. I will not cancel. As they are my oldest. 

Correction 3 cards. When I county td bank extra rewards. 

But is it worth it to pay 100 a year to keep score strong. For sure.  And in the cap 1 quicksilver 1. I already earned about 200 in cash back. So 39 af was nothing. But if you feel no value. Like I said. Do what's good for you. And cancel. 

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.