Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎01-11-2014
0

Next Steps

Hello all,

 

I've never paid much attention to my credit, but after taking out a lease on a car a few months ago I've learned just how important it really is. I'm wondering what next steps I should take to try and max out my scores. I'm currently at about 53% utilization, so I know that will be a challenge if I apply for new credit/cli before I pay it all down in April, but I'm interested in any feedback you all can provide!

 

Current Scores: 

TU - 704

EX - 733

EQ - 712

 

Current Accounts:

AAoA - 5 years. Oldest is 7.4

CapOne Platinum Rewards - $500

Citi Forward - $2100

Chase Slate - $3000

GE Amazon - $100

Car Lease - $9000

Student Loans - $11000

 

Thanks in advance!

Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,807
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Next Steps


flyingaimlessly wrote:

Hello all,

 

I've never paid much attention to my credit, but after taking out a lease on a car a few months ago I've learned just how important it really is. I'm wondering what next steps I should take to try and max out my scores. I'm currently at about 53% utilization, so I know that will be a challenge if I apply for new credit/cli before I pay it all down in April, but I'm interested in any feedback you all can provide!

 

Current Scores: 

TU - 704

EX - 733

EQ - 712

 

Current Accounts:

AAoA - 5 years. Oldest is 7.4

CapOne Platinum Rewards - $500

Citi Forward - $2100

Chase Slate - $3000

GE Amazon - $100

Car Lease - $9000

Student Loans - $11000

 

Thanks in advance!


1. send email to capital one executive office about PC to Quicksilver, AF removal and CLI (ask for $5k, they will counter)

2. log into your citi and click on the CLI, I believe they just put up a new form that says they will check account without pulling credit... if you see this on your credit line increase request... proceed with that.

3. Call "Credit Solutions" located in backdoor numbers for GE and ask for a LARGE $5k (they will counter) CLI on Amazon.

 

Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎01-11-2014
0

Re: Next Steps

Thank you for that very succint advice! I went to citi and got an instant increase to $3200! As for capital one and ge, should I wait until my utl is better?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,824
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Next Steps


flyingaimlessly wrote:

Thank you for that very succint advice! I went to citi and got an instant increase to $3200! As for capital one and ge, should I wait until my utl is better?


Congrats on the CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,807
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Next Steps


flyingaimlessly wrote:

Thank you for that very succint advice! I went to citi and got an instant increase to $3200! As for capital one and ge, should I wait until my utl is better?


I would try Amazon now, you can literally do it again next month if util is issue but given your current cl I would sure think they would move it!

Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎01-11-2014
0

Re: Next Steps

I got $500 CLI on amazon and capital one! Not much, but a start! I also got a PC to quicksilver one visa, but they didn't bump the AF.

Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎07-16-2013
0

Re: Next Steps


flyingaimlessly wrote:

I got $500 CLI on amazon and capital one! Not much, but a start! I also got a PC to quicksilver one visa, but they didn't bump the AF.


Congrats on the CLI and PC!

 

Are you currently a student?  If so, maybe you could apply for the Discover it (Student Version).  You can PC it to the non-student version once you graduate.  



Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎01-11-2014
0

Re: Next Steps


Bluebonnet wrote:

flyingaimlessly wrote:

I got $500 CLI on amazon and capital one! Not much, but a start! I also got a PC to quicksilver one visa, but they didn't bump the AF.


Congrats on the CLI and PC!

 

Are you currently a student?  If so, maybe you could apply for the Discover it (Student Version).  You can PC it to the non-student version once you graduate.  


Thanks! Nope, graduated a few years ago. 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 7,684
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: Next Steps


flyingaimlessly wrote:

I got $500 CLI on amazon and capital one! Not much, but a start! I also got a PC to quicksilver one visa, but they didn't bump the AF.


Congrats on your 3 CLIs.  Good work!  They will bring down your util.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.