cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps

tag

Next Steps

Hello all,

I've never paid much attention to my credit, but after taking out a lease on a car a few months ago I've learned just how important it really is. I'm wondering what next steps I should take to try and max out my scores. I'm currently at about 53% utilization, so I know that will be a challenge if I apply for new credit/cli before I pay it all down in April, but I'm interested in any feedback you all can provide!

Current Scores: 

TU - 704

EX - 733

EQ - 712

Current Accounts:

AAoA - 5 years. Oldest is 7.4

CapOne Platinum Rewards - $500

Citi Forward - $2100

Chase Slate - $3000

GE Amazon - $100

Car Lease - $9000

Student Loans - $11000

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Next Steps

@flyingaimlessly wrote:

Hello all,

I've never paid much attention to my credit, but after taking out a lease on a car a few months ago I've learned just how important it really is. I'm wondering what next steps I should take to try and max out my scores. I'm currently at about 53% utilization, so I know that will be a challenge if I apply for new credit/cli before I pay it all down in April, but I'm interested in any feedback you all can provide!

Current Scores: 

TU - 704

EX - 733

EQ - 712

Current Accounts:

AAoA - 5 years. Oldest is 7.4

CapOne Platinum Rewards - $500

Citi Forward - $2100

Chase Slate - $3000

GE Amazon - $100

Car Lease - $9000

Student Loans - $11000

Thanks in advance!

1. send email to capital one executive office about PC to Quicksilver, AF removal and CLI (ask for $5k, they will counter)

2. log into your citi and click on the CLI, I believe they just put up a new form that says they will check account without pulling credit... if you see this on your credit line increase request... proceed with that.

3. Call "Credit Solutions" located in backdoor numbers for GE and ask for a LARGE $5k (they will counter) CLI on Amazon.

Message 2 of 9

Thank you for that very succint advice! I went to citi and got an instant increase to $3200! As for capital one and ge, should I wait until my utl is better?

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@flyingaimlessly wrote:

Thank you for that very succint advice! I went to citi and got an instant increase to $3200! As for capital one and ge, should I wait until my utl is better?

Congrats on the CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@flyingaimlessly wrote:

I would try Amazon now, you can literally do it again next month if util is issue but given your current cl I would sure think they would move it!

Message 5 of 9

I got $500 CLI on amazon and capital one! Not much, but a start! I also got a PC to quicksilver one visa, but they didn't bump the AF.

Message 6 of 9
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

@flyingaimlessly wrote:

I got $500 CLI on amazon and capital one! Not much, but a start! I also got a PC to quicksilver one visa, but they didn't bump the AF.

Congrats on the CLI and PC!

Are you currently a student?  If so, maybe you could apply for the Discover it (Student Version).  You can PC it to the non-student version once you graduate.  

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 7 of 9

@Bluebonnet wrote:

@flyingaimlessly wrote:

Congrats on the CLI and PC!

Are you currently a student?  If so, maybe you could apply for the Discover it (Student Version).  You can PC it to the non-student version once you graduate.  

Thanks! Nope, graduated a few years ago. 

Message 8 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@flyingaimlessly wrote:

Congrats on your 3 CLIs.  Good work!  They will bring down your util.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.