Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next card to get and CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next card to get and CLI question

any recommendation of my next card to get? probally looking more towards rewards since i dont travel and also Bofa card i've had for quite sometime maybe like 3-4 years but never had them do a CLI. any thing i could do to get it as a soft pull or something? im 23 so still young but have had my first actual card when i was 20.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next card to get and CLI question

Hard to give any good advice on this without knowing a lot of info about your ballances, payment habbits, FICO, income, credit history, etc...

It may be useful for you to check out some Pre-Qualify links at a few card issuers. AMEX, Cap One, Citi, Chase, and MANY more have Pre-Qualify forms on their websites that will not do a hard pull (HP) on your credit report but will do a Soft (SP) inquiry on you and give you some idea of where you MAY stand on a new card with them.  But be ready for a full mailbox.

Same limitations on the CLI advice...  You know how many HP inquiries you have had on your credit within the last six moths, year, and two years (or you should know). If you can get a SP, go for it.  If it's a HP, think about it hard before committing.

Sorry for the squishy answer but it was a bit of a squishy question.  There are a LOT of people here who know more than I who may offer better advice.

Message 2 of 4
Chris679
Established Contributor

Citi Double Cash

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

any recommendation of my next card to get?

You need to provide a lot more info for recommendations.  What are you specifically looking for from a new card?  What's lacking with your current lineup?  If rewards are a priority then where's you major spend going and what's not covered?

It's not just a matter of the cards themselves.  If's about you and what cards suit you.

@Anonymous wrote:

probally looking more towards rewards since i dont travel

Can you clarify this?  There are travel rewards.  By "rewards" do you mean cash back?

@Anonymous wrote:

any thing i could do to get it as a soft pull or something?

In some cases it's possible but I recommend always expecting a hard pull.  If 1 hard pull is an issue then you have bigger problems with your credit profile that you should address first.  Inquiries typically have small impact but they can have a bigger impact for thin profiles and/or profiles with issues.  In such cases it's not the inquiries that are the problem but the credit profile despite the tendency to obsess over inquiries around here.

Those low limits indicate to me that there are concerns that creditors have with your profile  I'd advise identifying and addressing them before worrying about adding new cards.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.