cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next credit card??

tag
andresaguilera64

Next credit card??

Hi, i wanted to know your opinions on what credit card should i go for next.

I am now 19 years old and have a capital one with $700 CL, bestbuy $1000 and discover it $1000. My last Discover FICO score was 675. My credit karma score is 734. My utilization is 15% and I now use mostly Discover every month. What do you guys recomend i get next to improve my credit that i will get approve for?

Discover it FICO 746. Discover it -$2000/ capital one quick $500/ capital one plati. $700/ best buy $1000 / chase freedom 1500/ barclays $2000/ citibank preffered thank you $2500/ Paypal Mastercard $3000.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

Re: Next credit card??

Honestly I would recommend gardening for the next 6 months. Gives you a chance to improve your credit scores and allows your TL's to age a little more. Setting yourself up to app for better cards. 

Message 2 of 13
RavenTKR
Established Member

I would wait one year from now, and let the inquiries fall off your credit report. Let the accounts age first, and this will get your score up.

Message 3 of 13
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

I would wait for your FICO to hit at least 700. You could apply for one or two of the following at the same time:

Chase Freedom

Citi Dividend

BoA Cash Rewards

Amex BCP

Cap QS

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 4 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@andresaguilera64 wrote:

What do you guys recomend i get next to improve my credit that i will get approve for?

I'd recommend using other criteria.  We can guarantee what you will or will not get approval for.  We can provide our best guess but you should really look at what products offer the benefits/rewards/etc that you need/want.

Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@andresaguilera64 wrote:

Hi, i wanted to know your opinions on what credit card should i go for next.

I am now 19 years old and have a capital one with $700 CL, bestbuy $1000 and discover it $1000. My last Discover FICO score was 675. My credit karma score is 734. My utilization is 15% and I now use mostly Discover every month. What do you guys recomend i get next to improve my credit that i will get approve for?

American Express and Chase but maybe not this instant but those would be next choices at the time.

How old are all your accounts?

Message 6 of 13
NPE

I guess Chase, Amex, Barclays would be the next biggest prime lenders you haven't made a relationship with. I'd take a stab at Amex before the year is up for D*

Amex Zync NPSL | Amex SPG 5.8k | Cap One Platinum 2k | Chase Amtrak Guest Rewards 2k | Merrick Visa 300 | Walmart Discover 5k
TU - 663 (Walmart) | EQ - 694 (MyFico) | EX - 671 (MyFico)
Message 7 of 13
andresaguilera64

Thank you guys for the quick response!! I have the platinium amex with my Dad with "my own number" and "Member since." So i would like to get n the near future maybe the chase saphare or citi Aadvantage mastercard which they have been sending invitations by mail. 

Discover it FICO 746. Discover it -$2000/ capital one quick $500/ capital one plati. $700/ best buy $1000 / chase freedom 1500/ barclays $2000/ citibank preffered thank you $2500/ Paypal Mastercard $3000.
Message 8 of 13
NPE

I'd value Chase above Citi due to the value of their points/rewards structure. If you were to wait 6 months to apply for a Chase, I think you'd have a good shot at getting in. I'd save the Citi app for after Chase.

Amex Zync NPSL | Amex SPG 5.8k | Cap One Platinum 2k | Chase Amtrak Guest Rewards 2k | Merrick Visa 300 | Walmart Discover 5k
TU - 663 (Walmart) | EQ - 694 (MyFico) | EX - 671 (MyFico)
Message 9 of 13
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Deffinetly wait at least 12 months and go for the Freedom by Chase

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.