Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step after AMEX 3x CLI

tag
Flyersfan12
Established Member

Next step after AMEX 3x CLI

Hey all, I know I previously was asking around for what card to get after my BCE and some members told me to at least wait for my AMEX CLI before applying for anything at the very least. I successfully went from 2k to 6k! Except, now I have been thinking about applying for chase freedom right after the Amex statement closes and reports. However, part of me thinks I should let it report a little longer with that limit. Would applying soon be detrimental especially with such a thin file?
AMEX BCE $8000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $6400 | Chase Freedom $4500 | Citi Forward student $1500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Next step after AMEX 3x CLI

The longer it reports the better IMO. Unless there is a reason you need the card right away, wait to show more history ESP with a thin file
Message 2 of 3
Flyersfan12
Established Member

Re: Next step after AMEX 3x CLI

That sounds like a good idea to maybe wait a few more months. I really only wanted the chase freedom card soon to take advantage of the 5% amazon points chase freedom is offering currently this quarter if i was approved. I have my Citi forward card which is great for it so far, but recently found out that they nerfed the current card, and I am waiting for the impending moment that they decide to take away my 5x points as well from amazon. I talked to them recently and they said I am still enrolled into 5x restauraunts and entertainment so hopefully I am grandfathered in for the time being. 

I live in PA, but have a house in NJ as well and was heavily thinking about opening a Chase checkings account for the time being to get the bonus cash and to build a nice relationship with Chase. Does anyone know if transferring funds from one bank to to another count as direct deposit? 10% is a nice bonus to points in the future but who knows if it will be worth the trouble.

AMEX BCE $8000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $6400 | Chase Freedom $4500 | Citi Forward student $1500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.