Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step for Capital One Card???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next step for Capital One Card???

My wife got a Capital One Card with a $300 CL that after 3 months with no lates and no over limits went to $500 now what is the next step for an increase since nothing came saying about a next step like the first?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next step for Capital One Card???

The next step is to go to $750
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this come 3 months after the first 3 months? Does it matter the balance on the card as long as it is not over limit?

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually at $750 with Capital One. I called the other day to try and get a CLI. I received a letter saying that the current credit limit hasnt been maintained for 6 months. So you might have to wait 6 months maybe not.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are currently enrolled in credit steps and started at $300 and you made 3 on time payments and no over the limit then by your 4th statement it will auto increase to $750 and then if you make 3 more additional on time payments again with no over the limited it will increase again by the 7th statement to $1000.

Hope this helps

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I know if I am enrolled in the Credit Steps? I did start with a $300 and received a notice about going to the $500 after three months of no over limits and no lates. I did get the $500 after the three months but did not get any notice of a second step for an increase.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do I know if I am enrolled in the Credit Steps? I did start with a $300 and received a notice about going to the $500 after three months of no over limits and no lates. I did get the $500 after the three months but did not get any notice of a second step for an increase.

Thanks

When I was in the CS program, they mailed a letter about it a couple weeks or so after receiving my card.

On my 4th statement they auto CLI'd me $500, from $1000 to $1500. I never saw another increase after that. 

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 10
emartin82
Regular Contributor

I got a CapOne rebuilder card that started with a $300 limit back in September 2007. It went up to $500 three months later. Then I went over my limit by two cents, and I was not qualified for an increase for a while. Requested a credit limit increase again in July 2008 and it went up to $1000. Then in January 2009, I called the backdoor number and got an increase to $2500.  I was told that my card had a maximum credit limit of $1500 and the account supervisor wasn't sure how I got to $2500.  I was told, however, that if I open another Cap One card, I can just combine the limits and cards into one--this way, the computer wont treat it as a CLI but rather combining two accounts. Hope this helps.

You just gotta be patient... and call backdoor number. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by emartin82 on 03-18-2009 05:07 PM
Message 8 of 10
Grape
Regular Contributor

Curious to hear from those with experience with Cap1 Credit Steps.

Had my card since Sept. '08. Started with a $500 limit. Got the Credit Steps letter stating a $500 increase by my 4th statement (which I got by calling in before my 4th statement cut) and another $500 increase by my 7th statement. The 7th statement is set to cut around the 8th-12th of next month. Can I expect the $500 increase before my 7th statement ("by your 7th statement" would imply that I should) or can I expect it after the statement cuts? If after, typically how long after it cuts can I expect the increase? Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

My credit steps kicked in the day the statement cut.
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.