Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next step?

So I've finally got into primeville took a couple years but arrived. Before I go into complete farm mode just wanted to know if there are any credit cards I should look into getting for my portfolio. I currently have Amex PGR, Barclay MC 3500, Discover More 3500, Cap1 800, Cap1 Orbitz 800, and just got approved for Amex BCE 5000. Recently closed my first premier 700 and Orchard 300. Looking to close the Cap1 cards once I receive my BCE. 

My Fico's are in the 675 range and have strong income. 

Any cards/lenders recommended? Want to have 5-6 cards and just leave it at that for a long time, so a card which grows with me would be nice. 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Next step?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've finally got into primeville took a couple years but arrived. Before I go into complete farm mode just wanted to know if there are any credit cards I should look into getting for my portfolio. I currently have Amex PGR, Barclay MC 3500, Discover More 3500, Cap1 800, Cap1 Orbitz 800, and just got approved for Amex BCE 5000. Recently closed my first premier 700 and Orchard 300. Looking to close the Cap1 cards once I receive my BCE. 

My Fico's are in the 675 range and have strong income. 

Any cards/lenders recommended? Want to have 5-6 cards and just leave it at that for a long time, so a card which grows with me would be nice. 

Thanks in advance

Congrats on the BCE! That's on my wish list for next year. Smiley Happy

You have a really nice selection of cards. Mostly, I would suggest adding a Visa to the mix, especially since you're going to close your Cap Ones. I would wait for your BCE to report because chances are that whatever card you get will match your highest limit. Do you have any military affiliation? If you could join Navy Federal, that would be a great choice for a CC. I would only recommend USAA if you are a full member. If you're a ltd member, the CCs, terms, rewards, etc. aren't that good. Depending on the age of your CCs, you could probably be approved for Citi and no doubt Chase.

Maybe do some research and see which CCs have the best rewards for you and go from there.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom for the 1% cash back on everything else, Discover doesn't do 1% until spend of $3,000.  Nice cards though BCE is next on my list and nice limit.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately no military affiliation here. Thanks for tip on waiting for BCE to report, i didn't think about that. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got citi simplicity offer letter in mail, what you guys think?  Will they start off with decent limit? Would a couple balance transfers help with getting a higher limit. 

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I second getting the freedom. Very good card!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.