Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu or usaa?

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

Nfcu or usaa?

I have NFCU credit card and thinking about getting USAA. which one do you like better?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: Nfcu or usaa?

I like both, if I had to choose I guess it would be NFCU, just because there credit lines are better than anybody elses

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 2 of 35
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

I like both, if I had to choose I guess it would be NFCU, just because there credit lines are better than anybody elses

+1 NFCU is very generous. 

Message 3 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Pure credit perspective and other loan products, NFCU smokes USAA.  It's not even close really.

That said, if you can qualify for full membership at USAA, it's worth establishing it regardless as their insurance products are hard to beat and they're not a bad bank to do business with as a whole even as a limited member.  

        
Message 4 of 35
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Pure credit perspective and other loan products, NFCU smokes USAA.  It's not even close really.

That said, if you can qualify for full membership at USAA, it's worth establishing it regardless as their insurance products are hard to beat and they're not a bad bank to do business with as a whole even as a limited member.  

+10000!!! I have my auto insurance through USAA and it can't be beat by anyone!!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 5 of 35
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Can't go wrong with being members of both
USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 6 of 35
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Their auto rates are competitive but state farm beats them for me...

I like navy; my husband and I joined usaa but we did not get any of their products.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 35
nolongeraneqaddict
Valued Member

Don't have NCFU, but I do like USAA. Its always nice being reimbursed for ATM fees. I was expecting their insurance to be better though, they were not able to beat the rate I receive from Liberty Mutual. Overall still a great company though.

START (01/13):TU: 701 | EQ: 692 | EX: 706
CURRENT: TU: 739 (FICO 5/13) | EQ: 711 (FICO 2/13) | EX: 725 (PLUS 5/13) in the garden since 3/9/2013
GOALS: 750 by 01/14
Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier | Chase Freedom | Chase Slate | AMEX Blue Cash Everday | Citi Dividend |
Citi Simplicity | USAA Rewards | Walmart Discover |
Message 8 of 35
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

No question about it, NFCU the way to go.Better CL amounts better CLI's and best perks and services. Also they give better customer service.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 9 of 35
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think USAA has better rewards on their credit cards and that to me is better than a high limit on a poorly rewarding card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.