Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu

tag
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Re: Nfcu

Does NFCU ask for paystubs anytime you apply? I just became a member yesterday Smiley Very Happy but I dont want to apply until my Utl is under 9%. Should I get paystubs and proof of income ready?

Btw congrats on the approval!

Message 11 of 25
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Unless your utilization is grossly high then there is no reason to wait to apply with NFCU. Tweaking just a few more points is unlikely to make a difference with them. They tend to approve with lower scores and blemishes and reward with credit lines that other institutions do not. And as stated with time they can grow substantially. One semi unproven point is NFCU seems to be slightly more generous if you have direct deposit with them. I am guessing that is because they know they could offset at least a part of their loss in case of default. Even without direct deposit they are sensitive to income when setting limits. But overall NFCU is one of the best and friendliest lenders if you can qualify. Just don't cross them. They NEVER forget if you burn them and default without paying.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 25
swpopham
Established Contributor

Yes.almost everyone has had to provide proof at least once or twice with them but its painless
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 13 of 25
aloush11
Regular Contributor

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Unless your utilization is grossly high then there is no reason to wait to apply with NFCU. Tweaking just a few more points is unlikely to make a difference with them. They tend to approve with lower scores and blemishes and reward with credit lines that other institutions do not. And as stated with time they can grow substantially. One semi unproven point is NFCU seems to be slightly more generous if you have direct deposit with them. I am guessing that is because they know they could offset at least a part of their loss in case of default. Even without direct deposit they are sensitive to income when setting limits. But overall NFCU is one of the best and friendliest lenders if you can qualify. Just don't cross them. They NEVER forget if you burn them and default without paying.

My utl overall is about 20, but I also have a some alot of inq. I think that by having a lower utl I would have a higher chance at getting a better rate and higher CLI. Do you think I should apply for both at the same time or wait until I get an answer first on one app then apply for the next?

Message 14 of 25
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

congrats man they hooked you up.  like others said you should wait maybe 6 mos and ask for cli.  did they do one hp or 2?  if so on just eq or tu?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 15 of 25
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

They only asked for them for the loan portion--the overdraft protection. I am not bothered by the cc limit, it's more than I expected but I've seen much higher limits given with the navcheck for ppl with scores 40 points lower than me so I guess I expected more (plus I have DD with them). One thing I have learned through this-- The overnight and night cs is sooooo much nicer than the day cs or maybe cc is nicer than loans lol. It's like night and day when just trying to ask a simple question.

Btw, I'm a chick (someone said bro lol)

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Message 16 of 25
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Root, it was 2 HP on EQ. nothing showing on TU.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 17 of 25
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

They only asked for them for the loan portion--the overdraft protection. I am not bothered by the cc limit, it's more than I expected but I've seen much higher limits given with the navcheck for ppl with scores 40 points lower than me so I guess I expected more (plus I have DD with them). One thing I have learned through this-- The overnight and night cs is sooooo much nicer than the day cs or maybe cc is nicer than loans lol. It's like night and day when just trying to ask a simple question.

Btw, I'm a chick (someone said bro lol)

Sorry mam Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Jordan; be happy with your approvals.

Try to increase after 12 months maybe
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 19 of 25
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Oddly enough, one of the things keeping my score low is I don't have any high cl cc over $2K according to EX. So hopefully this will help lol

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.