Nice AMEX MR offer (targeted?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nice AMEX MR offer (targeted?)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My cellphone bill is 35 dollars a month for unlimited calling and texts, and data.  Who pays over 100 dollars for cell phone service? 

Plenty of people but that's not the point of the post.

Why have an offer that is limited to so few people?  

There are tons of people that have cell phone bills over $100/per month.  Couple, families, people that use a lot of data. Not sure why you don't seem to think so.  Not every offer is going to be used by every Amex card holder.  They're not intended to do that.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My cellphone bill is 35 dollars a month for unlimited calling and texts, and data.  Who pays over 100 dollars for cell phone service? 

There are tons of people that have cell phone bills over $100/per month.  Couple, families, people that use a lot of data. Not sure why you don't seem to think so.  Not every offer is going to be used by every Amex card holder.  They're not intended to do that.

+1

I could use that offer, my bill is $237 - $75 credit from work......sorry i had to pause to check my offers.  I do have it on my platinum offers and ends on 11/15/2017.

I will be able to get 3,000 MRs for Aug, Sep & Oct - Nice!!  My card was already enrolled for this bill.

Message 12 of 21
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I have the offer for both my BCE and my Green card. I will do one for each. Cool offer to me.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCP had it! Thanks CC for posting!

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 11.06.05 AM.png

Message 14 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang, checked mine added to card then realized it was for cable or satelite bills only, not the phone oneSmiley Sad.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will actually be switching the payment to Amex in September as right now the Disney Visa has 4% back on utilities. September and October payment will get me my cap of $30.

Message 16 of 21
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this. I have this offer on my ED as well as 1000 points for paying cable bill..

And there is a similar offer on BCP 10% back on cell bill paying $100 on cell bill..
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course I don't have it 😭......seriously my offers are crappy: charming Charlie and five guys 🙁

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

One final note.  Most cell phone providers will let you prepay bills so you could always pay 3 months in advance to go over the $100 mark and get the MR points.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also realized after checking further that I have offers for both cell phone bill and tv/internet bill on various cards. So in theory I could end up with 6K MR points (maybe more if I double dipped)  if I fully utilized both offers.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.