Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice CLI on PayPal SC, but then....

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Nice CLI on PayPal SC, but then....

Hello,

My PP SC  CL had been $1800 for about 8 months.  Initially I requested a total CL of $3500, not really expecting to be approved for that much, but I was.  I declined it, and then requeste  $5000.  I did not get that, but they did add an extra $300 to the original offer.  Two and a half years ago, I was at $160 and was constantly denied increases.   $3800 is more than I will ever need, but it is nice to inch closer to the $4000 CL mark.  In Dec. I received a $2000 increase on my JCP, taking me to $3900, which is my highest limit.

On the flip side, I decided to log into my Target account, and I found out that I was CLD  from $1000 to $200.  This is fine, as I have been comtemplating closing this account anyway.  I will do this tomorrow.

1. I do not want to have a bunch of cards that I do not use.

2. I want my major CC to see that I can manage higher limits

3. I think it looks better not to have open low-limit accounts since I have started to get better limits.  Except for my Discover (and Target), I have moved out of the one grand CL range, and do not want any account that is there or lower that I know is not going to grow with me.

So - here are my cards and limits...

JCP                $3900  0 balance

PP SC            $3800   0 balance

Barclay MC    $3500   $900 balance        Opened account in Jan/ 12  - was approved for $1000, but did two recons before even gettting the card and was increased.

Cap 1             $3350   0 balance          I have to be realistic with myself - this is not likely to ever increase - but it is a good enough limit for me

Walmart         $2700   0  balance

Amazon          $2500   0 balance Surprised that I received only a $200 CLI last month, but still good enough for me!

Firestone       $2200    0  balance

Discover         $1500 -   $94   Opened in 9/11 - I know this will grow with me, and I am just happy to back in the world of prime card holders.

Target             $200  - Will gladly close tomorrow - I rarely shopt there, and  anything I need at Target I can pay for with cash or with a card that will bring me rewards and possibly a better chance at a CLI.

Right now, I do not need nor want any additional accounts, other than 1 prime Visa, and that might be two years away (recently denied Chase Slate)  when bk and several other awful things fall off my CR.

I closed several accounts last summer and fall.  What I have now is more managable and makes senst to me.  It feels great to be back - on a positive vibe - in the credit game!

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.