Re: Nice message from Barclays

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Congratulations! Your Barclaycard Financing Visa® credit limit has changed!

Great news! We have increased your credit line to $10000

For Account ending in XXXX

That's on my Apple Visa

Excellent CS! Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Are you going to try to get your Nordy Sig above $10K?

Not sure - it sits at $10k today and I have had it open since early April... Have not run too much through it yet. I have no idea how often I could ask for a CLI and if it would be a SP or HP. It is my "clothing" card in the budget and that is all that it it used for...

Do they do auto CLI's or do you have to request?

I think the auto's are SP's same like other cards but if you initiate, it's HP. I havent asked. I will next time.

My limit is $500 and its a store card.

I feel this card will gorw very quickly for you. Give it some time and the Siggy Visa will be your new card...
Honestly, I was surprised when I got the Visa. I figured I would only get the store card. Macy's gave me $800 (closed now) so it makes no sense that Norstrom would give me $10k. But, I will not complain about it.
I wont pursue but will wait to see what happens. I do plan on using the card and with 4 in the family, it will get used... Smiley Happy

Nothing really makes sense in the credit world to some extent.

I remember I had my wally card at $3k and they were still denying you a card until they gave you the discover.

And that Wally Discover sits at $1600 CL today. I would have closed it when I closed all of the other cards but decided to keep it open and use it at Sam's for liquor... This way it will see some activity and maybe they will give me a CLI in the future. I also like the FICO score of course.

Funny, I closed down about $6k in GE cards last week (don't remember the exact number) so maybe one day they will give me a break on this card and kick it to $5k... Who knows!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 31 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Congratulations! Your Barclaycard Financing Visa® credit limit has changed!

Great news! We have increased your credit line to $10000

For Account ending in XXXX

That's on my Apple Visa

Excellent CS! Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Are you going to try to get your Nordy Sig above $10K?

Not sure - it sits at $10k today and I have had it open since early April... Have not run too much through it yet. I have no idea how often I could ask for a CLI and if it would be a SP or HP. It is my "clothing" card in the budget and that is all that it it used for...

Do they do auto CLI's or do you have to request?

I think the auto's are SP's same like other cards but if you initiate, it's HP. I havent asked. I will next time.

My limit is $500 and its a store card.

I feel this card will gorw very quickly for you. Give it some time and the Siggy Visa will be your new card...
Honestly, I was surprised when I got the Visa. I figured I would only get the store card. Macy's gave me $800 (closed now) so it makes no sense that Norstrom would give me $10k. But, I will not complain about it.
I wont pursue but will wait to see what happens. I do plan on using the card and with 4 in the family, it will get used... Smiley Happy

Nothing really makes sense in the credit world to some extent.

I remember I had my wally card at $3k and they were still denying you a card until they gave you the discover.

And that Wally Discover sits at $1600 CL today. I would have closed it when I closed all of the other cards but decided to keep it open and use it at Sam's for liquor... This way it will see some activity and maybe they will give me a CLI in the future. I also like the FICO score of course.

Funny, I closed down about $6k in GE cards last week (don't remember the exact number) so maybe one day they will give me a break on this card and kick it to $5k... Who knows!

GE seems to like me these days, hopefully it stays the same. My wally store card sits at $6k, Lowes at $16K and ON at $3k.

But GE is notorious for CLD so im not holding my breath that my CL with them is going to stay that high.

Message 32 of 33
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

CS800-

Was this Barclays a HP ? Was it auto or did you request?

Also on your Lowe's, did you have to speak with a rep to get a CLI? I used to receive them, then the last few times I've tried through the automated system it says it will have to transfer me to rep, and I'm not sure if it is going to be a hard pull or not so I hang up..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.