Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 6 month increase on Venture?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: No 6 month increase on Venture?

I didn't get one, but then again, I merged all mine together, and my CL is $47k. So, I doubt Ill ever get one, LOL...plus I don't need it anyways, and my spend on the CC doesnt justify a CLI either.
Message 11 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I should've specified CLI on a 5,000 Venture.
Message 12 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Don't feel bad...I've been offered a $500 increase on my first V1 taking it from $7500>$8000.  My second V1 has been offered $750 taking it from $10000>$10750.  I've declined both for months and they don't see to be offering anything higher.  I may accept them eventually...

Message 13 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Don't feel bad...I've been offered a $500 increase on my first V1 taking it from $7500>$8000.  My second V1 has been offered $750 taking it from $10000>$10750.  I've declined both for months and they don't see to be offering anything higher.  I may accept them eventually...

I realize things aren't set in stonem, but I kinda counted on the fact that Cap 1 usually gives 1,000-3,000 increases when you hold out. I never imagined they'd hold to the 250-750 increases permanently. Yes, it depends on profile, spending, etc, but I've seen those increases with profiles that didn't spend a lot as well as profiles that did. I noticed Capital One seemed to match the 3,000 increase to the 3,000 spend threshold.

It's one of those things where you know something is not set in stone, but never really allowed that fact to penetrate. I counted on Capital One giving a minimum of 1,000 as I count on them giving soft pull increases every 6 months.

I sure hope they don't continue to offer me 400. I'm in a rush to consolidate cards and need the increase before doing so.

Message 14 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JSS3 wrote:
I should've specified CLI on a 5,000 Venture.

I'm just throwing stuff out there, but I might have a data point.  Smiley Happy

Last March I got a $5k Quicksilver Visa, and after the third statement I gave the button a try, and got a $2k increase.  I had been charging a little over $1k each month, and I did allow the balance to report, i.e. it was on the statement with a minimum payment due.  I PIF, of course. 

Perhaps having a non-zero statement makes a difference?

It's just a thought... Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@UncleB

I wondered if I should do that atleast once, but figured it wasn't a dealbreaker because Cap1 knows what I do with them...but who really knows? It could very well be the reason.

Message 16 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've let a balance report and it still didn't help. 

Message 17 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Loquat
The 10,000 and 20,000 SL are trickier. I didn't see anyone with 5,000 SLs only get offered a couple hundred. That's why I'm somewhat surprised.
Message 18 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JSS3 wrote:

@UncleB

I wondered if I should do that atleast once, but figured it wasn't a dealbreaker because Cap1 knows what I do with them...but who really knows? It could very well be the reason.

Honestly, as Loquat mentioned, it might make no difference at all.  I was just trying to see if there was anything different I did from you, and that's the only thing I can see right away. 

It could have just been a coincidence, though. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Uncle
All data points are helpful. Appreciate it.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.