Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 6 month increase on Venture?

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

No 6 month increase on Venture?

Did anyone not get an increase on Venture at the 6 month mark? It doesn't look like Cap One is budging on the 400 increase they've been offering that I've been turning down. My 6th statement will cut tomorrow and they're still offering 400. I understand nothing is guaranteed, yes, MMV, but these things are usually given like clockwork(even after 2-3 statements). I met the bonus in a month. Did BTs. Did a couple 1,000 purchases and PIF. The only thing I never did was allow a balance to report.

I'm getting worried as I need to combine cards pronto, but don't want to do so until I see a greater increase offered that I can take.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No 6 month increase on Venture?

I don't have a venture but between my wife and I we have 6 cap one's (up to Venture one) and on all of them the 6 month increase wasn't offered until after the 6th statement cut. I've always taken the 3rd statement one though when offered.

Message 2 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a venture but between my wife and I we have 6 cap one's (up to Venture one) and on all of them the 6 month increase wasn't offered until after the 6th statement cut. I've always taken the 3rd statement one though when offered.

I need some clarification. You stated none of the 6 cards were offered increases until the 6th statement cut then went on to say you took the 3rd statement increases when offered. Which was it? AFAIK, if you've accepted an increase after the 3rd statement, you won't be eligible for one at the 6 month mark unless you're enrolled in credit steps.

Also, how long after the 6th statement cut did they offer the increase? That day? Couple days? A week later?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I need some clarification. You stated none of the 6 cards were offered increases until the 6th statement cut then went on to say you took the 3rd statement increases when offered. Which was it? AFAIK, if you've accepted an increase after the 3rd statement, you won't be eligible for one at the 6 month mark unless you're enrolled in credit steps.

Also, how long after the 6th statement cut did they offer the increase? That day? Couple days? A week later?

Thanks.

Sorry, I have a long history with them and it's hard to explain and I get confused on the rules of the steps cards and non-steps cards. I wasn't trying to say no increase was offered on any of them until the 6th statement. A couple of them were offered increases after the third statement, which I took, then on the 6th. They were my wife's and I believe they were credit step cards now that you mention it.

Two others are mine that haven't hit the third statement yet. Was never told they were in steps but who knows. The other two, Venture One and Quicksilver (both limits over $5000) are about 6 years old and are now getting increases AFTER the close of the 6th statement from the last CLI. 

As as for your last question I can answer that one surely. On the evening of my 6th statement cut  (from the last cli) I sit around, periodically signing in waiting for the statement to cut. When I sign in and see that there's a payment due I hit the luv button and get my increase. I know, way too much time on my hands.

Message 4 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much! I'll keep checking for that higher increase.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
Thanks so much! I'll keep checking for that higher increase.

Looking back, I guess I didn't help you much. Sorry!

Message 6 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Yes, you helped! I appreciate you taking the time out to clarify exactly who receieved what and when.
Message 7 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

*Raises hand* Me. I did NOT get a CLI after six months, either thorough auto luv or by means of luv button. Granted, I've been carrying a balance from some unexpected expenses and I've run up my card to 45% UTIL and back down to around 30% where it currently sits. That might be why.

For the record, I do also have a QS with $1.3k limit that I usually use as my daily driver and PIF monthly.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

From what I've seen, even when UTIL is currently high, Cap1 will reward with a great increase...unless monthly payments are low.
Message 9 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No increases for me on either my 20k Venture or 10k QS card..  Granted I have only been using the Venture for 200-400 a months and the QS for 100ish a month so obviously the credit lines are more then enough.  Reason is not enough usage of credit limit which is fair enough.. Still baffles me how some get the 1-3k with not much mor e useage, but usually the CL's are a bit lower.  The ones that use it for 50% or more of the CL each month I understand and they deserve big fat raises if their credit supports it

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.