Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No AF dining rewards card?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: No AF dining rewards card?

I really rarely travel; I really got the CSP for the dining rewards, but over time thinking about it the AF will probably offset it in my case, as I am not some huge spender. Maybe the no AF Sapphire is a better bet.

Message 21 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I really rarely travel; I really got the CSP for the dining rewards, but over time thinking about it the AF will probably offset it in my case, as I am not some huge spender. Maybe the no AF Sapphire is a better bet.

Same dining rewards for both Smiley HappyCant hurt to ask about a PC to Sapphire unless you find a better option. AARP is a nice card for dining as suggested here but if carrying it around would make you uncomfortable then no need to apply for a new card if you can PC. Its an extra 1% but idk if that really matters to you personally

Message 22 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'll either try to PC, or get the Amazon rewards card, but as you said the advantage of PC'ing is that it's not yet another app. lol

Does the regular Sapphire still earn the same UR points that can be combined with/from the Freedom? Or is it a different structure?

Message 23 of 83
Guinness
Contributor

Sams Club MC 3% on dining Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'll either try to PC, or get the Amazon rewards card, but as you said the advantage of PC'ing is that it's not yet another app. lol

Does the regular Sapphire still earn the same UR points that can be combined with/from the Freedom?

Yep

Message 25 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Awesome. I sent them a secure message about PC'ing to the no annual fee Sapphire. If they say I can't, I'll go for the Amazon visa.

Message 26 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

If it's AARP, don't you need to be of that age to get it? Or is that just a title for the card and makes no difference?

Anyone with a social and the correct credit profile that hasn't burnt Chase can apply.

Remember though, Nixon is old Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 83
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

Sams Club MC 3% on dining Smiley Happy

I use this, or Huntington Voice both are 3%. Plus Sam's is 5% CB for gas, win/win.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 28 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I wish I had a Sam's Club nearby!

Message 29 of 83
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

There is a Sam's near me, but I apped online. I actually went there a few times a year, but went with a friend using their membership card. When the new MC went live with the new categories, I went ahead and got one.

It isn't actually no AF (you have to get the Sam's membership ($45), but I am way past that in cashback since I got it so I am ahead already!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 30 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.