Did you mean: 

No AF dining rewards card?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: No AF dining rewards card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I feel a little strange carrying around an AARP card at 23, but that's just me being weird I guess lol

It's actually a nice looking card...

But if you want to waste away a perfectly good 1% addtl....Do what you want. Smiley Tongue

+1 

it prob looks a hell of a lot nicer than the cap1 quicksilver

Even the citi doulecash i look at sometimes and i'm like "oh you." it's a big uggo

Message 11 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I feel a little strange carrying around an AARP card at 23, but that's just me being weird I guess lol

If people didnt carry around weird/ugly looking cards no one would be with NFCU, and those are some of best lines you can get. haha. 

Worry less about what others think and more about what is profitable to you. 

Hey my black NFCU Flagship card is a very nice looking card

Message 12 of 83
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

If people didnt carry around weird/ugly looking cards no one would be with NFCU, and those are some of best lines you can get. haha. 

Worry less about what others think and more about what is profitable to you. 

Hey my black NFCU Flagship card is a very nice looking card

Im jealous of it, some of the green ones though Smiley Tongue 

Message 13 of 83
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

I just wanted to add PayPal Extras MC to the mix.  It is 2.5% with no AF for restaurants.  I don't use the card too much since I have the CSP, but more frequently for eBay purchases.  In regards to the Chase AARP - great card, but I am not sure if the 3% that you receive for restuarants beats out the CSP when you transfer your points to a travel partner.  However, with the AF from the CSP it is probably very close.  

Message 14 of 83
IamB2
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Hi everyone Smiley Happy I've done a lot of looking around and reading, and it seems as though there really is not a solid 2% or 2x points dining card with no annual fee. I'd like a good dining card that doesn't have a fee - I have a CSP, but I don't know if I'll keep it beyond the first year, considering the AF may well cancel out any benefit I get. I am not going to be applying for anything right now, but am just trying to look into things. The only no annual fee dining card I could find was the Citi thank you preferred, and the redemption on that is a joke at best.

Any recommendations or cards I am missing?

CITI ThankYou Preferred gives 2x Dinning and Entertainment where the points can be used to buy gift cards at 1 point = 1 cent. So does Amazon Visa. On the Amazon Visa, points are valued at 1 point = 1 cent at amazon. Didn't do a lot of research on how much the points are valued elsewhere since I shop on amazon quite a bit. Then DoubleCash from CITI gives 2% cash back every day on everything. Smiley Happy

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 15 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Paypal extras looks interesting too! Hmm....the cash back is deposited into your paypal account? That's not bad

Message 16 of 83
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Golden 1 Visa is 3% on gas, groceries and restaurants, no fee, no caps.  Some geographical restrictions though

Message 17 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huntington Voice has a 3% dining category.

Security Service FCU Power Travel Rewards is 3.3% on gas, travel, and dining.

Both these cards are extremely geographically restricted, however.

Message 18 of 83
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'll look into some of the geographically restricted ones. I'm in Delaware, so who knows if they're available here. Most likely not lol.

I suppose I could also see about just downgrading to the regular Sapphire with no AF, since it still gives the dining points. But would they let me since that card has been discontinued?

Message 19 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'll look into some of the geographically restricted ones. I'm in Delaware, so who knows if they're available here. Most likely not lol.

I suppose I could also see about just downgrading to the regular Sapphire with no AF, since it still gives the dining points. But would they let me since that card has been discontinued?

That was going to be my suggestion if you didnt need the CSP benefits but I wasnt sure that was the case. I believe they are still allowing this but you can ask with a secure message. I've always gotten responses within two hours.

Message 20 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.