Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Amex CLI for me :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Amex CLI for me :(

@tonyaether wrote:
Lol! Ok I get it. But if this helps you to understand the account is 10 years old... Well 9 years 7 months. Makes that $1100 look like $200 now......lol. I don't mind having it on my report. I am not the first one that had one and surely won't be the last.

lol kudos to you for rebuilding success. you've got some great cards and limits now!

Message 21 of 23
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Thanks Dyv8914!  When I got that FP my score was at 575, so I have come quite a ways.  And though I could have gotten rid of it years ago (or so I have learned now), I wasn't aware that closing it wouldn't actually hurt my score like I thought it would. It wasn't until I came up here and started really getting aware of the ins and outs of credit that I knew it wouldn't count against me to close it and that it would still factor into my AAOA for 10 years.  Now I know I can close it out and I will be doing that in the next couple of months.  I had alreay paid the AF for the year though which is why it isn't alreay gone.  So FP will be gone in June, One HSBC will be gone this month as it is due for an annual fee in April, and the last HSBC will be cut in July or August.  I had planned to garden for the rest of the year but who knows.  That idea changes like the wind.  Maybe after those are gone I will get a Discover or Barclays Rewards card.  We'll see....If not, I will just stick with what I have until Dec when Amex reaches 1 year.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 23
lovely222
Regular Contributor

I have had my Amex Blue since 2006. It started at $800, went to $1600, then down to $1,000 in 2008. I haven't been able to get it back up since. I opened an Amex Zync a few months ago in hopes of getting this low limit to move at the suggestion of other users, will let you know if this works! 

I have about 22k over 3 cards with Citi. I am at my limit based on my income, found this out when I accepted invitation for Diamond Preferred last year! Smiley Very Happy Good luck to you!

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.