Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Auto Love-Barclay Rewards

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

No Auto Love-Barclay Rewards

Hello all....sixth statement cut today and no auto love.  I am not sure if and when I will get one.

Should I call CSR?  I dont want them to HP though.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: No Auto Love-Barclay Rewards

I got a 1,000 auto after 7th statement.
Message 2 of 18
NP27
Established Contributor

Cool.  I'll wait for the 7th statement to cut...thanks

Message 3 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

Some have seen luv at the 7th statement so hang in there! Calling the CSR will require a HP 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Scupra wrote:

Some have seen luv at the 7th statement so hang in there! Calling the CSR will require a HP 

OP - keep in mind that these are just known patterns but no guarantees for auto-CLIs.  Some even have ocurred past the 12-month mark but as always, it will be YEMV.  The results would hinge on your overall profile and other factors associated with your account.  Just give it time.

Message 5 of 18
NP27
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

OP - keep in mind that these are just known patterns but no guarantees for auto-CLIs.  Some even have ocurred past the 12-month mark but as always, it will be YEMV.  The results would hinge on your overall profile and other factors associated with your account.  Just give it time.

Thanks

Message 6 of 18
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Took me 9 statements......i included them in ch. 7 bk in 2010.

Message 7 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

OP you sound like you want to call them because you didn't get something you feel you "deserved" at x amount of time.

While there are patterns and trends, there is no such thing as guaranteed auto "love" after 6, 7, or any number of statements. A CLI is based on your file nothing more nothing less. You're not guaranteed to get it just because x amount of time has passed.

Use the card responsibly and eventually, something will likely follow, but there is no guarantee. If you call and ask it's almost always a HP

Message 8 of 18
NP27
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

OP you sound like you want to call them because you didn't get something you feel you "deserved" at x amount of time.

While there are patterns and trends, there is no such thing as guaranteed auto "love" after 6, 7, or any number of statements. A CLI is based on your file nothing more nothing less. You're not guaranteed to get it just because x amount of time has passed.

Use the card responsibly and eventually, something will likely follow, but there is no guarantee. If you call and ask it's almost always a HP

Actually,

I never said anything about getting something I "deserved".  Just from reading others posts, I was "hopeful" that I would see an auto CLI without me having to call for a CLI, which I know will result in a HP.

Message 9 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

If you request a CLI they'll do a hard pull on TransUnion.

I had a small CL on my Barclay LL Bean & kept requesting CLI's, not realizing they were doing a hard pull each and every time. I wound up with something like 5 extra inquiries on my TU report from that, and I was turned down every time.

Then I gave up, decided to never ask again.

Then, after my 6th statement, they gave me a 65% "auto" CLI.

My understanding is that Barclay "auto" CLI's are not automatic, but that Barclays 'reviews' accounts for CLI and CLD, and that best way to get a CLI from them is to make sure you use the card actively (thus showing them you're "engaged" with their product), but keep the utilization percentage modest (thus showing you're not in distress).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.