cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No CLI Luv from Walmart - should I close it ?

tag
stinastina
Established Contributor

No CLI Luv from Walmart - should I close it ?

I have a $300 card from Walmart. I kind of love the store. I've always paid on time and I've had the card 9 months. I even asked for an increase to just 500 and they said no ! Should I close it and reapply when I have higher scores or stick it out and try at the 12 month mark ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No CLI Luv from Walmart - should I close it ?

Walmart bases their CLI on your TU score. Has your TU score increased by much since your approval? I had my Walmart card for 6 months at $200 before they allowed an increase to $3500. My TU score was 642 at the time of increase.

Message 2 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Push your TU score up another 10 - 15 points and youll have no problems getting a $3500 CL

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 28
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Walmart bases their CLI on your TU score. Has your TU score increased by much since your approval? I had my Walmart card for 6 months at $200 before they allowed an increase to $3500. My TU score was 642 at the time.

My TU was 615 at the time of approval and now it's 646. How much of an increase are they looking for ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastinawrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Walmart bases their CLI on your TU score. Has your TU score increased by much since your approval? I had my Walmart card for 6 months at $200 before they allowed an increase to $3500. My TU score was 642 at the time.

My TU was 615 at the time of approval and now it's 646. How much of an increase are they looking for ?

You are very similar to me, I was  at 616 at time of approval, they denied me a CLI many times until my score reached 642, then they approved a CLI. Maybe try to get your TU score above 650 and if no CLI then, I would close it.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

charge, pay, request again

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

charge, pay, request again

I actually quit using mine for 2 months when they  kept denying me a CLI. I hadn't used the card for 2 months when I finally got approved for the CLI.

Message 7 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@stinastinawrote:

I have a $300 card from Walmart. I kind of love the store. I've always paid on time and I've had the card 9 months. I even asked for an increase to just 500 and they said no ! Should I close it and reapply when I have higher scores or stick it out and try at the 12 month mark ?

That's up to you, but honestly I feel you would be shooting yourself in the foot if you did.

Synchrony cards are known for their growth if your TU score supports it; it would seem you're still a little short of what they need to make that happen.  You've done well in your rebuild, but as you already know bouncing back from a BK is a marathon, not a sprint.  Smiley Wink

Also, you mention that you "kind of love the store"... that to me says the card has value to you. 

With a little patience I believe you'll see movement, but of course you'll need to do what feels right to you. 

Just my 2¢. 

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add, I also have a 2 1/2 year old BK.

Message 9 of 28
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

It took me over two years to get any luv from from first synchrony card. It has now gone from $400 to $3000 in two months. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.