Frequent Contributor
Cheech

Re: No Cap One CLI for me..

Roxlie wrote:
Wow Techno..and your scores are about 60-70 points higher than mine..I guess I shouldn't hold out much hope for a CLI in the next few months. Does anyone know if the Credit Steps program is a guaranteed increase?

Here's what I was told after multiple attempts to get a CLI. Finally, I found the backdoor number on this site, and spoke to a very nice rep. He gave me a $300 CLI (from $500 - lol). He told me that the reason I got the CLI (which, he says, was just "there" in the computer---I guess they were waiting for me to ask), was that the month prior, I had run the account up to over 50% utilization and paid it off. (I rarely used the card at all, because what good is a $500 CL?).

Anyway, he told me to run the thing up to around 50% of the CL, plus or minus, and then pay it off. Since then, I use it to buy my groceries and then run home and pay if off after I put the groceries away. lol. With 5 people in the house, that's pretty near half the CLI each time. I did that twice last month. I'm getting ready to call again for a CLI or a pruduct change so I can get some points or cash back or SOMETHING on this stupid card. ;-)
Regular Contributor
codeman5022

Re: No Cap One CLI for me..

was this after you went thru the credit steps?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}