Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Citi CostCo Luv Button?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Citi CostCo Luv Button?

I was approved for the Citi Costco card in August, and have been using it religiously for Costco purchases, gas, and dining. I saw some people on this forum saying they've had success asking for CLI increases within weeks or even days of account open. However, when I go online, I see no way to request a CLI. Is this something that isn't made available to certain users for some reason? Or is it buried and I'm not seeing it? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: No Citi CostCo Luv Button?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the Citi Costco card in August, and have been using it religiously for Costco purchases, gas, and dining. I saw some people on this forum saying they've had success asking for CLI increases within weeks or even days of account open. However, when I go online, I see no way to request a CLI. Is this something that isn't made available to certain users for some reason? Or is it buried and I'm not seeing it? 

It's not the easiest to find for any of the Citi cards.

At the top, click on "Account Management" --> Look under "Balance Transfers, Lines & Loans" --> Click on "Request a Credit Line Increase"

Read the language to determine if SP or HP for CL. SP CLI language will say that a CR will not be pulled. HP CLI language will say that a CR will be pulled.

HTH. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

D'oh. Thanks, iheartwings. No idea how I overlooked it - I swore I looked in there. Put in my request - we'll see what happens. Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
EC341
Established Member

Just got a CLI from 25k to 30k on my Amex BCE so figured why not try my new Citi Costco from June. I'm at 20k and thought I would try for 25k. I got this weird message:

This service is not available for this account.

We're very sorry but an error has occurred on our side. Please try again.

First it was written in Spanish, then English. Signed out, signed back in and still the same message. Now I remember why I closed my Citi credit cards throughout the years. Very difficult to work with.

Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 8
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Just got a CLI from 25k to 30k on my Amex BCE so figured why not try my new Citi Costco from June. I'm at 20k and thought I would try for 25k. I got this weird message:

This service is not available for this account.

We're very sorry but an error has occurred on our side. Please try again.

First it was written in Spanish, then English. Signed out, signed back in and still the same message. Now I remember why I closed my Citi credit cards throughout the years. Very difficult to work with.

Good luck to you.

X2 for me too... I DEPLORE Citi, Crapital 1, & Syncrony Bank... Oops, almost forgot Comenty... should be called Comedy Bank! LOL!!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed on your request! Also, Citi does not make the credit limit increase easy to find ... !
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dinosaur, thats because Citi probably wants you to use and keep whatever limit they gave you hahaSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
MTSN
Regular Contributor

I allocated much of my Costco Amex limit over to my Amex Everyday before the transistion to Citi which only left me with a $9k limit on my Citi Costco card. I tried back in June to get a CLI, but it said I wasn't eligible yet. I tried earlier this week and got a SP via the website, and they offered a small increase of ~$1,600. They asked if I wanted a bigger increase, and when I selected that I did, I requested a $21k limit and received along with a HP. Although I didn't want the HP, I have 0 inquiries currently so I can afford to burn one. I've been using this card pretty heavily and PIF, but it's nice to have the extra breathing room should I need it for any reason. FWIW, every single account I have is reporting a $0 balance, and at the time I requested my CLI I had a balance of around $3,500. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.