Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Cli luv from BB and Walmart:(

tag
anthill927
Established Member

No Cli luv from BB and Walmart:(

Hello all, I love this website first and foremost. I got my updates finally after paying my cards down and got util to 17 percent, and my scores are now experian 718, Transunion 689, and Equifax 677. I got a citi preferred, 1200 limit with zero balance, citi thank you 4000 limit 1000 balance, citi diamond 4000 limit 200 balance, paypal smart connect 1750 with a 400 dollar balance, dillards amex 1000 limit with 0 balance, chase freedom 1500 limit 0 balance, escape by discover 1750 limit 0 balance, amazon credit 2400 limit 30 dollar balance, best buy mastercard 1856 limit 0 balance, and 2 capital ones one 750 one 1500 and I plan on getting rid of them. I would like an American express BCE, Bank of america, or another chase maybe saphire or preferred. after reading this website I decided to try to get clis because I rarely got them. I had a hit to my credit in october because of a funeral i had to pay for but paid it all off. I got denied by walmart, best buy rewardszone, and amazon. Dillards increased me by 1000. I wanted to know should I keep asking for clis and take the inquiries or try new cards or just get denied? I think the only thing thats hurting me is inquries, I got a new car in september and i have 13 inq for transunion, 6 of them from september when i applied for my car loan, and 9 on equifax 3 of them being from auto loan dealers. I  need help Smiley Sad what other cards could I get? I dont plan on having all of these, i want to get rid of the capital ones, best buy, and dillards and have my new ones.

I want to be in the 700s again!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
anthill927
Established Member

Re: No Cli luv from BB and Walmart:(

I also have had capital one since may 2008 and this month im coming up on 3 years for my citi, i got the discover card and the other 2 citi cards this year in april.

Message 2 of 13
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Look for some backdoor number. Most of ppl get through that route. They are higher level of CSR.

Keep us updated.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 13
anthill927
Established Member

I called amazon because I couldnt do it online and got denied, and walmart gave me 1500 from 1100, online. I called and recon for higher and got denied. I dont even know why I tried best buy, when I got my new card from best buy and it said it was owned by capital one now, I knew it was over for limits. If I can get a better chase or bank of america or american express, I will be fine, I dont want to get rid of my capital one cards until im approved for those. 

Message 4 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Paragraphs. I like them.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Paragraphs. I like them.

Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 13
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

time is what you need. Do not apply for any cards or cli. Garden for at least 6 months you have quite a few inquiries and that is a negative to the credit card companies!

Message 7 of 13
anthill927
Established Member

It was really long, im sorry lol

Message 8 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Smiley Wink. No problem. I'm reading on iPhone right now and block texts are kind of a pain.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
anthill927
Established Member

Okay, but I was reading some of the other posts and some people have more inquiries and still get approved. but I gyess its a ymmv situation. Plus, I thought that when someone applies for an auto loan, a bunch of inquiries are grouped as one.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.