Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Credit History - Denied Capital One Secured

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No Credit History - Denied Capital One Secured

@WarJar101 wrote:

Tell 'em you make 25,000/yr or so...even if you don't. Their limit still will be crap anyway, but at least they'll approve you. Wing it a little bit, JUST a little bit.

Don't tell people to lie, especially on an app.

Message 11 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Noone has ever verified my income. not even for my very first credit cads when i used to make 10k a year. I don't know if they have called my employer and even though it could bring consequences down the road, i don't see how someone cant't round up their numbers to improve chances if income is the problem.

Besides that, cap one approved me for $500 in the journey card. When i received the card, it said platinum on it and had the cash rewards program.

Discover also took me without credit history. When i called, the lady said there was no reason why my app should be rejected. When they confirmed my approval, they asked me if my limit was enough($1k). Unfortunately, i said yes and hanged up.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 12 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My income hasn't been verified ever either, but I wouldn't suggest lying on an application. Even if you do get approved, and they don't verify it then, a lender may ask for proof of income during a CLI request and if you show something completely different your account may be closed.

In the apps it says that by agreeing to the T's&C's you say that all the information you provided is true, so lying isn't a good idea.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.