Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: No Credit History - Denied Capital One Secured

WarJar101 wrote:

Tell 'em you make 25,000/yr or so...even if you don't. Their limit still will be crap anyway, but at least they'll approve you. Wing it a little bit, JUST a little bit.

Don't tell people to lie, especially on an app.

Established Contributor
CruzImperial

Noone has ever verified my income. not even for my very first credit cads when i used to make 10k a year. I don't know if they have called my employer and even though it could bring consequences down the road, i don't see how someone cant't round up their numbers to improve chances if income is the problem.

Besides that, cap one approved me for $500 in the journey card. When i received the card, it said platinum on it and had the cash rewards program.

Discover also took me without credit history. When i called, the lady said there was no reason why my app should be rejected. When they confirmed my approval, they asked me if my limit was enough($1k). Unfortunately, i said yes and hanged up.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

My income hasn't been verified ever either, but I wouldn't suggest lying on an application. Even if you do get approved, and they don't verify it then, a lender may ask for proof of income during a CLI request and if you show something completely different your account may be closed.

In the apps it says that by agreeing to the T's&C's you say that all the information you provided is true, so lying isn't a good idea.
;

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}