Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Discover Auto CLI for 15 Years!

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

No Discover Auto CLI for 15 Years!

I still keep the old Discover card from more than 15 years ago. My CL is still at $3,100. Just amazing. Granted, I've not used for many years too. 

I just started to use first time in many years and put on a charge from Amazon for its 5%.....

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: No Discover Auto CLI for 15 Years!

With all the SP luv now a days I'm not sure you need auto luv Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 15
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

The CL can stay where it is. Still plenty for Amazon purchase. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're not looking to raise that credit limit?  I'm not understanding the purpose of your post, I suppose.  I get that you didn't receive an auto-CLI from Discover for 15 years, but by your own admission you barely used the account so the lack of an auto-CLI is pretty standard.  If you do start using the card, based on the long relationship you've had it may trigger an auto-CLI or two, just to give you a heads up.

Message 4 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

I started building credit almost 3 years ago and I have used Discover a lot. 

I got 1 auto-CLI and 5 SP CLI.

I don't expect them to auto-CLI without use.

If you need a higher limit you can try a CLI, all my CLI were SP.

Started 1k, now 31k.

You have several good cards with good limits. You don't "need" a higher limit but with little use I'm sure you can get a CLI.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP said that he's good with where he's at with respect to his Discover CL which is part of the reason I'm not getting the purpose of the thread.

Message 6 of 15
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

It is just an observation. I remember receiving letter from Discover to apply for CLI, but I ignored. Why did not they just auto raise it? 

I'm going to use it somehow. We'll see if there is any auto CLI. It does not concern me much....

Message 7 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I've never received a Discover Auto CLI. 

Original Limit $2000

Current limit $51,500

Age 45 months

Two HP the first year, for $1000 and $2000 increases. All SP since then.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

It is just an observation. I remember receiving letter from Discover to apply for CLI, but I ignored. Why did not they just auto raise it? 

I'm going to use it somehow. We'll see if there is any auto CLI. It does not concern me much....

I must say, I'm not understanding why you start these threads.

You don't have a positive suggestion for what people can do to improve their use of the cards, and don't seem to listen to the good advice that is being given (such as, you have a SP request for a Discover CLI available).

The negative post about you aren't going to app the Cash+ is a head scratcher. 

Cheers

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I must say, I'm not understanding why you start these threads.

You don't have a positive suggestion for what people can do to improve their use of the cards, and don't seem to listen to the good advice that is being given (such as, you have a SP request for a Discover CLI available).

The negative post about you aren't going to app the Cash+ is a head scratcher. 

Cheers

Well......I would be curious as to what OPs apr is.  I would ask for APR reductions too.  And compared to this:

TU: 827 | EQ: 850 | EX: 815
BA Cash Rewards $21k | BA Travel Rewards $21k | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom $10k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $10k | Chase IHG | Chase Sapphire Reserve $50k | Chase Southwest $10k | Citi Costco $10k | Citi Costco Business | Citi Double Cash $10k | Discover | Fidelity $16k | Wells Fargo Propel $13k

It is a little dumbfounding, but makes sense that the person didn't list the limit as it obviously doesn't fall in line with their other cards, no offense.

But since it is a category card I mean really if you were only using it for rewards, a super high limit isn't mandatory....but since discover almost always functions as a 4.99% card via no fee 18 month BT, having a larger limit would grant more flexibility.  I guess I would look at it from a standpoint of, the card is 14 years old, one would advise new forum members that you would want to use a card like this at least 2x a year to keep it open (even though its not mandatory for OP).

OP has 50k limit on their CSR with excellent scores. Wonder how many inqs we are looking at overall here as well as util and AAOA just to get a better profile picture since there is more to talk about.

If OP wants a low limit juxtaposed double digit and 10,20, 50k limits then that is their perogative.  But if it were me and I was here I would at least consider the pros and cons.  I would think a chat to inquire what purchase APR is, as well as requesting a permanent reduction, and sure why not ask for an increase too, to breathe life into the old account certainly wouldn't harm things.  But I am not OP.   It is a very unique and topical thing for sure.  I am sure it would be wise to use the card a few times a month for at least a few months would grant better results. But with a profile like this I don't think its an absolute!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.