Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Discover Luv Without a HP...

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

No Discover Luv Without a HP...

Hello all,

I've had my Discover it card for almost 9 months now. The Luv button never works...lol...so I called about 30 days ago and they would not do a CLI without a HP, so I told them to forget it. Is there a backdoor number I can call to request a SP CLI? When I called the regular 1-800-DISCOVER number, the rep told me she can't do anything without a HP. I specifically asked what she could offer me with a SP and she said she couldn't do anything. Thank you for your help.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Re: No Discover Luv Without a HP...

That's what happen to me a month or so ago. And then got a nice auto CLi

SIlver:

Message 2 of 20
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

That's what happen to me a month or so ago. And then got a nice auto CLi . Maybe you'll get some luv

SIlver:

Message 3 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

There isn't a backdoor number for Discover so to speak. Hopefully, you'll get an CLI like Stonemanmv
Message 4 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If your account is not eligible for a CLI via SP then you'll need to take the HP if you want to request it - no exceptions. The backdoor number will not process via SP, sorry.
Message 5 of 20
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
If your account is not eligible for a CLI via SP then you'll need to take the HP if you want to request it - no exceptions. The backdoor number will not process via SP, sorry.

Hey Star,

Well, that is too bad...I will not take a HP for a CLI, especially since I have no idea how generous or stingy Discover will be...lol. Thanks for the reply.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As others have mentioned, there's still the option that your account could receive an auto-CLI down the road depending on your account's usage and overall history. And, you can always try again in the future to see if your account becomes elegible for a SP CLI since all accounts are reviewed periodically.
Message 7 of 20
colinstu
Regular Contributor

I used the online chat feature trying to get a CLI. 

Was denied, in the mail I was given a 733 TU FICO score but cited that these are hurting my score:

"Length of time accounts have been established"

"Length of time revolving accounts have been established"

"Too many inqs in last 12 mo"

"Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high" (still in college, $14250 in loans so far, year to go, haven't paid any of the loans yet). 

I need to garden big time, and I plan on doing so. Have a few more cards I want but I want big CLs on them so I'll hold off when all this stuff ages and I'm making a proper amount of money. In the mean time though, the $500 CL on my Discover is pathetic, several items I'd like to buy online (during the 5% promo) I simply can't. Sucks... if only I could get a $750 or $1k CL). 

Anyways, good luck getting a CLI... don't expect getting one with a SP though unless it's an auto CLI. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 8 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@colinstu

Discover can be conservative with CLI's but they can also be generous. I've noticed that if the file isn't clean, auto/sp CLI's are slim. Clean files seems to have it a lot easier with sp CLI's.
Message 9 of 20
colinstu
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@colinstu

Discover can be conservative with CLI's but they can also be generous. I've noticed that if the file isn't clean, auto/sp CLI's are slim. Clean files seems to have it a lot easier with sp CLI's.

Yes I've seen both ends of the spectrum with Discover on this forum. Some get high limits in the first place, some get great CLIs, some are in my boat. I don't have any baddies but I have been on quite the credit spree this year and Discover's actions are understandable. My luck with other lenders being more generous got my hopes up. Being reasonable, 2 years of no HPs should be not a problem, and with that will bump up my AAoA obviously and will begin chipping away at my loans at the time. Hope to see my score shoot past 750 then. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.