Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Discover for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

No Discover for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I had paid off a lien,  thought I would give Discover a shot, Declined, called backdoor number, explained tht lien was paid  off, the credit analsyt told me that while the lien is on my equifax report  PAID or UNPAID that they would not issue me credit. I told them that by the time 7 years rolls around, I will be old and not need their card. Thanked her and hung up!!!!!!!   So much for recon, so much for spending the last 2 years working my a$$ off to get my debts paid.and my credit straightened up. Did me no good, still in cap 1 land.   Sorry, yes I am having a one person pitty party, and it feels good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: No Discover for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you need discover because it is Discoer with  nice orrange card Smiley Happy or the credit 

If it former, I would say I had that feeling of getting a discover card long back but I realised that I don't really need that card. 

-void
Message 2 of 12
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

dont worry, dont need it anyway.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 3 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Discover really isn't that great...their cashback program sucks comp'ed to Chase or even the low limit, sd'ed Cap One that gets me like 1% cashback regardless of purchase thresholds. :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its probably for the best, im quite upset with them right now anyways. 

Message 5 of 12
ajh5408
Contributor

I wouldn't sweat Discover. They're a fine company, but the rewards just aren't competitive with the rest of the market these days...

Message 6 of 12
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

I agree with everyone else and then some. Discover rarely get's any use from me. It just isn't competitive with my freedom 10/10 + CSP bonus plan...I only keep it open because it doesn't have an annual fee.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 7 of 12
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Totally agree, their rewards aren't that good compared to Chase Freedom.  Not worth the worry.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 8 of 12
praise123
Contributor

Hang in there. You have accomplished a lot byplaying off that debt. You don't have to worry about the embarrassing calls from creditors. Your time will coapp just keep working your plan and paying on time. Your going to look up and one day will get all the cards you want. Be proud of your hard work of cleaning up Your credit

Message 9 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

So I had paid off a lien,  thought I would give Discover a shot, Declined, called backdoor number, explained tht lien was paid  off, the credit analsyt told me that while the lien is on my equifax report  PAID or UNPAID that they would not issue me credit. I told them that by the time 7 years rolls around, I will be old and not need their card. Thanked her and hung up!!!!!!!   So much for recon, so much for spending the last 2 years working my a$$ off to get my debts paid.and my credit straightened up. Did me no good, still in cap 1 land.   Sorry, yes I am having a one person pitty party, and it feels good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call back and speak to a different rep. on recon, it worked for me! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.