Regular Contributor
Thunderseven

No Experian FICO Score Even After Creditor Hard Inquiry

I thought we were still suppose to be able to get our true FICO score for Experian after applying for credit and allowing a hard inquiry?  I just applied for a CC (denied) and when I spoke to the EX representative I was told they do not provide FICO scores at all, just their scoring model.  I also asked the CC company and they refused to tell me anything about my score.  What gives?  How can I find out what my true EX FICO score is now that I've applied for credit and allowed a hard inquiry?
Thunderseven.....TU 712 (08/21/2013) EQ 696 08/21/2013 EX 719 908/21/2013) All FICO's

I don't ask for much,
The truth will do just fine....

Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: No Experian FICO Score Even After Creditor Hard Inquiry

Unless you live in Pa or are going for a mortgage you won't see your Experian score.
Established Contributor
Susyquk

They are right, if you are applying for credit and are denied you are entitled to a copy of your credit report (not your score).

The only times I have got my score has been from friendly Loan Officers when I applied for my car loan and for a mortgage... and that was given to me cause I asked nicely.

Just allowing a hard enquiry doesn't mean you will get access to your score 

Senior Contributor
score_building

you can get a free report from EX but not a real EX fico score as PP indicates.
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Contributor
Guardian

Thunderseven wrote:
I thought we were still suppose to be able to get our true FICO score for Experian after applying for credit and allowing a hard inquiry?  I just applied for a CC (denied) and when I spoke to the EX representative I was told they do not provide FICO scores at all, just their scoring model.  I also asked the CC company and they refused to tell me anything about my score.  What gives?  How can I find out what my true EX FICO score is now that I've applied for credit and allowed a hard inquiry?

As pointed out by others, that's generally a rule of thumb for mortgage, not credit cards, although select and occassional companies may offer it or give it to you.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Regular Contributor
Thunderseven

Thanks to all.
Thunderseven.....TU 712 (08/21/2013) EQ 696 08/21/2013 EX 719 908/21/2013) All FICO's

I don't ask for much,
The truth will do just fine....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}