Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Foreign Fee + No Annual fee CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Foreign Fee + No Annual fee CC

PenFed Defender Visa has no FTF, and earns 1.5% cash back as well. You have to be military or veteran to get it though.

NFCU cashRewards has 1% FTF, but you still get 1.5% cash back, so you still wind up earning 0.5% overall.

and as others mentioned, Barclaycard Ring has no FTF, but no rewards either.

Message 31 of 36
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So which either of the  Visa/MasterCard is good for overseas travel , with no annual fee and no international foregn fees?

I say Visa/MasterCard , becuase they are widely accepted worldwide, some of the cards mentioned on this thread, makes me feel nervous, about not being accepted wordwide lol

Thanks

Truth is that in Japan and China, Discover is more accpeted than Visa or Mastercard, due to their agreement with JCB and Chinapay. As I just explained, you don't ask in an area where you are not fluent in the language whether they take the card, you just stick it into the machine and it goes through just fine.

But there are also Visa/MC options. Like Capital One cards, Orbitz Visa if you are looking at no AF cards, and there is a number of cards with no FTF but with an AF.

Message 32 of 36
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

As has been said, all of Cap One's no-AF cards would meet this standard.   So would Nordstrom Visa Signature.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Capital One Quicksilver and VentureOne

Discover IT

BankAmericard Travel Rewards

Add Barclaycard Arrival to the list.

Message 34 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed Defender Visa has no FTF, and earns 1.5% cash back as well. You have to be military or veteran to get it though.

NFCU cashRewards has 1% FTF, but you still get 1.5% cash back, so you still wind up earning 0.5% overall.

Other Penfed cards with less strict requirements also have no fee or FTF, and falls back to chip&pin.   I have the Platinum Rewards Visa Sig, which has the unusual feature of giving rewards at supermarkets (and maybe gas stations) abroad.   You earn 3 points per $ at supermarkets, worth about 2.4%

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Other Penfed cards with less strict requirements also have no fee or FTF, and falls back to chip&pin.   I have the Platinum Rewards Visa Sig, which has the unusual feature of giving rewards at supermarkets (and maybe gas stations) abroad.   You earn 3 points per $ at supermarkets, worth about 2.4%

Good. I figured as much, but I only have the Defender so I could not speak with any authority about the other PenFed cards. Thanks!

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.