Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Foreign Fee + No Annual fee CC

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: No Foreign Fee + No Annual fee CC

If you want one without a FTF, why not go hog wild and get one that will at least fall back to chip-n-pin.  It probably isn't needed for most foreign travel, but it doesn't hurt.  I believe PenFed and Andrews both offer such cards.

Message 11 of 36
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Yes.

1. All non-AF Capital One cards. No CapOne card has an FTF so whichever ones don't have an AF also qualify under this.
  2. Discover.
  3. Orbitz Rewards Visa (issued by Comenity).

+1

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 12 of 36
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

The Ring card by Barclays has recently dropped FTFs and has no AF, but also has no reward perks with the exception of a low 8% APR:

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/?campaignId=2039&cellNumber=1&referrerid=B...

What happened to members choose rewards?

I'm not exactly sure of how that works.  I don't have this card, but I do know that it was the members that voted for no FTF and that became a reality.  It does say community members vote on the card features, so I imagine that's still in play with this card.  

Message 13 of 36
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

@yfan wrote:

Yes.

1. All non-AF Capital One cards. No CapOne card has an FTF so whichever ones don't have an AF also qualify under this.
  2. Discover.
  3. Orbitz Rewards Visa (issued by Comenity).

+1

You have to be careful with Discover, it has very limited acceptance in some countries. Check their acceptance coverage map online. I am in France right now and Discover is not accepted anywhere.😕

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 14 of 36
rlx01
Established Contributor

Anyone who thinks Discover is a travel card clearly hasn't travelled outside the U.S.

Amex is issued globally and even that is barely accepted.
Message 15 of 36
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

NFCU Go Rewards.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 16 of 36
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
Anyone who thinks Discover is a travel card clearly hasn't travelled outside the U.S.

Amex is issued globally and even that is barely accepted.

It just depends on the country you are travelling too.  For example, Discover is more accepted in China than Visa/Mc.  Not that any credit card is easy to use in China....

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realised, that my AMEX PRG also has no FTF...

But it is a charge card, is it widely accepted worldwide?

Thanks

Message 18 of 36
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just realised, that my AMEX PRG also has no FTF...

But it is a charge card, is it widely accepted worldwide?

Thanks

It doesn't matter if it is a charge card or a revolver.   If they accept Amex, they will accept the PRG.  Most major hotels in tourist areas will accept Amex.  But you will probably need other Visa/MC or Discover cards depending on where you are going.  Or possibly you can use cash instead for most things.

Message 19 of 36
mikelo22
Established Contributor

A bunch of Barclay's cards are also 0% FTF with no AF.

Barclay Ring

Barclay Carnival

Barclay Holland America

Barclay Priceline

Barclay Princess Cruises

As others said, do not go to another country and expect to be able to rely on your Discover card. It's not accepted in many countries, especially in Europe. 

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.