cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HP yet from Amex PRG approval - Update Amex change???

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

No HP yet from Amex PRG approval - Update Amex change???

Updated info.

I have read on Doc of Credit and Reddit that some are getting cards without having hard pulls for exsisting cardholders.

That would be a great plus for amex because I don't no if other CCC that would have the same policy.

I was approved on 11/25 and I still didn't get an alert on my Ex for my Amex approval.

I never had one go this long without reporting an HP inquiry.

I know it can't be true, getting a card without a HP but.....Also, card is linked to my login and shows w/ my other two accounts.

Thoughts?  Or Ex is behind in reporting?

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No HP yet from Amex PRG approval

My Amex BCE approval didn't show a hard pull until sometime after two full statements.

Message 2 of 16
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Amex BCE approval didn't show a hard pull until sometime after two full statements.

Wow!  Both my EDP and Plat were both a day or two.  I'll take another two months for it to report if that's the case.

Thanks.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 16
driftless
Valued Contributor

My PRG HP took a while to hit as well, I don't recall exactly how long.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure its a YMMV situation. It was my first Amex and it may have been that they were behind, I'm sure 2 months is extreme case.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My PRG definitely took a while to hit my credit report unlike my BCP, ED, and Hilton which were within the same day. 

Message 6 of 16
thummel
Established Contributor

Iv had my PRG for 2 months now and never got a HP from getting it. I just considered it a bonus as that doesn't always happen.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of it taking up to 2 months so you're not out of the woods yet!
Message 8 of 16
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

My credit reports were all frozen when I applied for the PRG. Long story but I was out of the country and was unable to unfreeze online cause of security measures. Experian wanted me to mail verification. However, I was only able to get the incognito 50K offer while I was out of the country as I had tried many many many times while in the US without success. I decided to apply anyways so they had my application with the increased offer and take care of unfreezing my report when I got back to the states. I was suprisingly instantly approved and never got a HP. This was mid september so I suppose I could still get one but nothing so far....

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 9 of 16
redpat
Senior Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

My credit reports were all frozen when I applied for the PRG. Long story but I was out of the country and was unable to unfreeze online cause of security measures. Experian wanted me to mail verification. However, I was only able to get the incognito 50K offer while I was out of the country as I had tried many many many times while in the US without success. I decided to apply anyways so they had my application with the increased offer and take care of unfreezing my report when I got back to the states. I was suprisingly instantly approved and never got a HP. This was mid september so I suppose I could still get one but nothing so far....

Getting a freebie would be nice.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.