Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Hooters For Me

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

No Hooters For Me

I applied for a Hooters card and was turned down. Funny thing is, I actually used to work at Hooters!   LOL

On the other hand, I was approved for a Household Mastercard.

Both inquries were from EQ yet my score didn't drop at all.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: No Hooters For Me

@missypants wrote:

I applied for a Hooters card and was turned down. Funny thing is, I actually used to work at Hooters!   LOL

On the other hand, I was approved for a Household Mastercard.

Both inquries were from EQ yet my score didn't drop at all.

Congrats on the MC!!  Smiley Happy

Not sure where you are in your FICO journey, but did you get a pretty nice limit?  I'm going to guess you may have a better chance with CLI's with the household over the hooters.

I don't know why, but I don't understand the draw to a Hooters card.  For me, it's all about the best bang for the buck.  Several years ago when I began my rebuilding phase...I took what I could get and that card served me well.  Now I want a good rate, cash back & whatever perks I can get!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

you working there has nothing to do if you get approved or not..

I got approved recently and tons of other people have been too, Merrick bank has been nice lately.. I got a $500 limit with $36 AF 

household bank aka HSBC is crap, I've had there card for over 2 years, got two increases one at the 2 year mark, when I called $100 increase and applied last month and got another $100 increase, total is now $500 they suck, they charge high AF got half of the fee waived this year but they don't increase at all, nor will or should you except to get a limit increase often, and even if you have it for years its only a rebuilding card so you will doubtfully see it increase more than $1000 after years and years.. I never was late, always paid on time, even paid 5-10 x the minimum payment, was at 9.90% fixed, they removed the fixed, just got a letter two months ago stating they are increasing my rate to 14.99% they never sent me the letter, yet they said they did, I will be closing this card before the next AF cuts, and they will not make a dime off me anymore, they are the worst company ever, and they won't do anything for you if you call... It is my oldest card, yet the lowest limit, heck my store cards are way higher..

stay away far away.. If its your only card dont expect much from them except a little help on your scores..

Message 3 of 9
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

I applied online and got the 7-10 process response email, was expecting a flat denial but I have heard from many that the message is a good thing as reading up approvals were more frequent with this response.  Anyone recent got this message and got a shiny plastic in the mail?  I am crossing my fingers, if it does this will be my first non secured approval since my CR bombed in 06!
~JD
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card!  Every approval in the rebuilding process is worth celebrating. 
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they seem to be the only company that actually gives the 7-10 day message and actually approves, I got it and got approved about two weeks later... at the time it was my best mc highest limit, not anymore but still not bad, and one of the lowest  AF's
Message 6 of 9
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Ryan1918: the comment about my working there was just a joke, dear.

Message 7 of 9
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

@joeydtx wrote:
I applied online and got the 7-10 process response email, was expecting a flat denial but I have heard from many that the message is a good thing as reading up approvals were more frequent with this response.  Anyone recent got this message and got a shiny plastic in the mail?  I am crossing my fingers, if it does this will be my first non secured approval since my CR bombed in 06!

The day after my application, I received an email with a link to check my app status. I did. It said I was approved and the card would arrive in X number of days. If you'red approved, it should tell you when you check the status. Here's the link if you don't have it already:

https://www.hsbcapply.com/status/householdbank?&WT.mc_id=EMHB_AppStatus

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they were talking about the hooters product not HSBC, hsbc is a not so good company, they rate jacked me, I will never give them a cent again.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.