Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Idea why anyone would do business with BoA Semi-Rant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Idea why anyone would do business with BoA Semi-Rant

Personally, I would just call. But I would note that when I dumped my QS1 the process was rather nice and easy. I didn't have to deal with a human at all. Automated phone system, and it showed closed online within minutes.

Message 21 of 30
Leadberry
Established Contributor

There are some seriously vicious people in this thread. It's uncalled for.

OP, if it means anything, the only time I ever had good service from BofA was when I called their retention line to close my account. There was no wait, the agent was knowledgable, polite, and professional, and I was off the phone within minutes. If their normal customer service were anywhere near that good, they wouldn't have lost me as a customer.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 22 of 30
amakol
Regular Contributor

FWIW the call will take 1-2 minutes and shouldn't be any different from other phone calls you regularly make/take.

BofA has been great with me so I have no complaints with them. All the big banks have given me great customer service well above what would be expected with all the hate they get.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 23 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Enough with the negative comments in this thread, I have asked nicely that you respect one another if you cant do that then move on.

Message 24 of 30
medo
Frequent Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Twice now I have tried to close this worthless credit limit account by using secure email and chat - I get a bunch of BS about how much they "value me" and then they refuse to close the account unless I call them.  I do NOT want to call and talk to a live person at BoA or at ANY creditor - not only do I dislike talking on the phone to people I don't know, but I hate talking to lenders - even "nice ones" like DCU and Discover (okay it's wierd, but I work in a business that "contains" a lot of  BS and I can't stand hearing it back at me). I didn't need to talk to BoA in person to open the account, I don't need to talk to them in person to make payments, why do I need to talk to them in person to close the account - they will NOT retain me and I let that be known.

I don't want your %#& toy limit unusable CL - I don't want to have you explain credit  scoring to me and I don't want you to tell me how much you "value" my business.

Just close the damn card on request - how hard is that?

I know a bunch of folks on here think BoA is the cat's meow, not me - I'm thinking the other end of the critter.

All scores mid-700, available revolving credit $150k+, income low six figure, no negitives on any report, lots of inquiries, very thick file, lots of cards which I'm thinning out. 

Hi there,

I'm sorry, but I do not understand your logic...  

What is so bad that you don't want to talk to these BofA 'strangers' in which YOU requested THEM to lend you credit in the first place?

Your lender, which you asked to lend you credit, is requiring you to call them since you stated you no longer want the account.  They probably need to read a disclosure or verify identity - whatever the reason - this is what they require.  

You said you don't want to - that's your right.  But then (and this is a serious question), what gives you the right to come here and complain about how awful BofA is, when it is your fault that you won't do as they asked?  What is your basis for winding up like this?  The logic... what is it?  It makes no sense.  

Bottom line, just keep the account open if you don't want talk to BofA, and stop complaining about non-issues.  It's irrational. 

Must be a Scorpio or Gemini.

Message 25 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

Enough with the negative comments in this thread, I have asked nicely that you respect one another if you cant do that then move on.

Some quick editing took care of the childish remarks.

Message 26 of 30
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Just to fill in the blanks for those that care:

Cap-1 - Close by email or chat, no problem

Barclays - close by email or chat no problem

Citi - Close by email or chat no problem

Most all Snyc/GE - close by online menu option or chat no problem

All Comenity - close by online menu option or email no problem

BoA ? Must call retention line and listen to the song and dance - BS

And, NO I do not feel "entitled" to a credit limit increase, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to be stuck with an unusable CL that doesn't work for me so my OPTION is to close the account that doesn't work for ME. BoA makes that more difficult than any other bank or CU I've dealt with.

Pipeguy sorry you're having to go thru this, it's a shame they don't have some online form you can fill out and submit. 

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately , sometimes we gotta suck it up and do what we got to do .
Message 28 of 30
sarahlee7
New Contributor

This forum has the most thin skinned type of atmosphere of any forum I've ever been a part of.  Be nice.  Be friendly.  Be supportive.  Umkay.

Let's call it 'Mr. Rogers guide to creditworthiness', or 'Uncle Al's road to green pastures and calm waters'.  geez. 

Message 29 of 30
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Deleted most of my message.

Heres the info for BofA if you didnt have it.

Credit card accounts
Call 1.800.732.9194 or mail your request to:
          Bank of America
          PO Box 982234
          El Paso, TX 7998-2234

They arnt refusing to close the account unless you call them, they are telling you in order to close the account you need to call them.  The person your chatting with cant do that, you can get all the mad at them in the world, but its policy, you signed it when you got the card and are later upset?  Mad at yourself maybe but you cant be mad at BofA for you not reading the papers that you signed before you got the card and then received in the mail.

Good luck.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.