Valued Member
ajg

No Interest Rate options?

Hello all... I recently had a rather large increase to my interest rates on my WaMu card. It's been at a modest 10.5% for, well, since I got it in '05, but they just jacked it. So I called Cap1, haven't had a balance on that card for year or more and they transfered the balance, 0% for 6 months, 9.49% after that. Not bad, I can deal with that. I also called WaMu though to see what the story was. They just raised it to raise it. I asked if there was anything we could do to bring it down. There were no offers, no negotiating, etc. I've never really had to deal with WaMu; they've actually been really really good to me but does this sound right. What are your thoughts on a card company not doing *anything* without an offer for a lower rate. Is it really that set in stone until by the grace of WaMu they give me a break?
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: No Interest Rate options?

I will say that this is my only complaint about WAMU-

When the decide they are going to do something- they do it and there is no changing their mind about it-

So they did not give you ANY reason? AA?
Valued Member
ajg

Re: No Interest Rate options?

No, no reason. They said in December they sent me something to opt out but I don't really ready through the 7 pages of stuff they send me. Even then, I could have *closed* the account. I have NEVER made a late payment but do generally carry a higher balance on it. Its the card I buy a computer on kinda thing. I will say the only thing I could see them not liking is how long I pay things off on it. I had a balance of $1500 of $2000 and paid $100 a month. Of course, that's how I've done it since I had it in early college. :-/ My Amex has a higher rate so i just do small things, my Cap1 is just ugly so I didn't use it much. LOL I have my eye on a Citi card but I hear they aren't nice either. Moral of the story, all CCC's suck. LOL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}