Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Love From Chase

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: No Love From Chase

No way would i keep going to the well over and over and coming back with an empty bucket after they denied it 3 times. for hp''s never less. either move some over from another card. or time to go to a friendlier lender. you already have Discover as you said. they are basically the same card different bank. i would be putting all my spend on Discover in that case. the one who shows love gets love. my opinion.

Message 11 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think while we should avoid broad generalizations like "never going to happen" just because it hasn't been succesful for us, it is true that Chase is not known for giving CLIs.

The often suggested "workaround" is a new card and moving limits around, which only works if you want a new/different product, and want to take a HP and AAOA ding. To me, doing all that for an increased credit line is a bit much and as someone else mentioned Chase has been seemingly tightening up so who knows how long it will be so simple to move limits.

There are stories of people getting approved (with HPs) for a CLI with Chase. But at 33 inquiries I think it is doubtful. You just need to wait.

Message 12 of 15
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think while we should avoid broad generalizations like "never going to happen" just because it hasn't been succesful for us, it is true that Chase is not known for giving CLIs.

The often suggested "workaround" is a new card and moving limits around, which only works if you want a new/different product, and want to take a HP and AAOA ding. To me, doing all that for an increased credit line is a bit much and as someone else mentioned Chase has been seemingly tightening up so who knows how long it will be so simple to move limits.

There are stories of people getting approved (with HPs) for a CLI with Chase. But at 33 inquiries I think it is doubtful. You just need to wait.

+1

I did get an auto cli on my freedom for $1,000 other then that I am waiting until the end of the year to ask for any cli with chase since 85% of my 40 inqs go off my EX report 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is notoriously conservative from the get-go.  The ones I have seen who have the most luck don't have a lot of cards to begin with, and Chase is more often than not their primary use cards.  They will do it, but the inquiries are a big deterrent since they are so conservative.  I can only imagine what it'll be like after they tighten up their underwring on credit cards. 

Message 14 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

People are often fixated on scored & inquiries (no surprise given this is myFICO), I don't think the OP mentioned income.  Score definitely doesn't tell the whole store.  If two people both have 700 scores while one makes $20k and the other $200k, the person with the greater ability to repay will be viewed more favorably.

The other question a lender might have is, if you're spending $900 per month, do you need more than a $5k limit?  If you're charging near the limit and paying off each month, it might look to a lender like you need a higher limit.  Don't know if that would affect Chase (seems like they don't like to give CLI period), but it will with some lenders.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.