Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Luv From CITI

tag
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Re: No Luv From CITI

I am coming up on two years with my Citi card and just got a CLI. Seems stupid to cancel a card just because they wouldn't approve your CLI request. To each his own I guess. Congrats on the Amex though.

Message 11 of 26
minimock
Frequent Contributor

That is how I have built up mu CL's Seems the lower CL cards keep you with lower limits.

So If I close a card, I pick the lowest limit and replace it with a new one, usually with a much higher limit..

I started with a premier bank $100 bucks and never looked back.

It has served me well YMMV

Message 12 of 26
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

I would have tried to contact their EO if I were you. I recently requested a CLI on my Forward. Denied. A week or two later, I applied for the Diamond Preferred. Denied. Keep in mind I've had my Forward for 2+ years, never paid late, & my FICO scores were in the 750 range. Their frontline CSR's were absolutely no help & I hate it when they make it so apparent they're reading from a script. Then I found out they based my denials off a two month old report/score.

I contacted their Response Team, they transferred me to their EO, really helpful lady said I can either have my CLI or Diamond Preferred re-evaluated, I chose the Diamond Preferred, got a call a few days later saying I was approved.

I do believe though that I shouldn't have to go through all this trouble for one of their cards. It's not like their cards offer the best benefits/bonuses.

Message 13 of 26
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

I do believe though that I shouldn't have to go through all this trouble for one of their cards. It's not like their cards offer the best benefits/bonuses.

EXACTLY, you hit the nail right on the head.

It is like if you go to Mcdonalds, and you ask for a double cheese burger with no onions. The totally screw up the deal..

Then you ask them to fix it, and it still is screwed up, then you ask for the manager and it still comes back screwed up, then you ask for the regional manager, and it still comes back screwed up, and then you call the head office...... you still have the double cheese burger with onions.

Far easier to go to Burger King LMAO Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 26
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Haha, that is a good point. Only reason I went through all that trouble with their EO was because I had a bunch of other approvals & wanted to keep the streak alive. But yes Citi does get annoying sometimes. Their frontline CSR's are the most annoying to deal with.

Message 15 of 26
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Definitely a good day!!
Message 16 of 26
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I would definitely go the EO route just so you keep the age of the card on your report.  Congrats on the AMEX approval and limit!

Message 17 of 26
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I think you did the right thing. Sometimes you have to send a message to people and vote with your wallet. 

Message 18 of 26
minimock
Frequent Contributor

WOW, got a call from CITI today, and they apologized! I did not even follow up. They said the $800 CL I was asking for was totally reasonable, and asked if I wanted the account re opened.

I said sure, but I already cut the card up.

They said there sending out a new one. LOL

Little surprises around every cornor lol

Message 19 of 26
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Good for you! 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.