Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Annual Fee!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No More Annual Fee!!!

Okay so I originally got the Capital One Platinum card in March 2015 and after about 6 months it was upgraded to the Quicksilver One because my account was qualified for the upgrade. The Cap One Platinum's annual fee was $19 when I initially got it and the Quicksilver One is $39, but even after the upgrade, my cards terms and agreement still remained the same. So I've had this upgraded card for months now and I love the rewards but I did not want the annual fee for this card. It's my only credit card with an annual fee. So I applied for the regular "Quicksilver" card Cap One has because it has no annual fee, but I was denied. I emailed the exec office about reconsidering me for the card and I received a phone call the next day. The rep asked why did I want the Quicksilver card when the Quicksilver One has the same amount of rewards. I explained that I was trying to get the Quicksilver card and then cancel my Quicksilver One because of the annual fee. She then told me that we can just cancel the whole reconsideration application and that she would omit the annual fee from my QO card. I am ecstatic!!!!! ... I called in a few times over the months trying to get rid of the annual fee and none of the reps could help with that. I just want to let people know to never give up on things like this. Always call back and speak to someone else, or better yet just email the exec office and they will help you. The exec office is MUCH MORE helpful than the regular customer service reps! You can too get rid of your annual fee LOL Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: No More Annual Fee!!!

Awesome congrats!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's so awesome!!!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting rid of your annual fee!!

Message 4 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Great work - congrats!

Message 6 of 8
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!

Message 7 of 8
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I should hit them up to get rid of my fee as well.. been a cc customer of theirs for 11 years. Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.