Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Cards - EVER

tag
Poki
Valued Member

Re: No More Cards - EVER

Wow, impressive; although, they need a more complicated maze (bottom left and upper right) for those that have trouble staying in the garden. I could easily find my way out of their in an hour.
"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 11 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Poki wrote:
Wow, impressive; although, they need a more complicated maze (bottom left and upper right) for those that have trouble staying in the garden. I could easily find my way out of their in an hour.

Only to meet sniper kitty and the gators LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@Poki wrote:

And I have seen them... you don't wanna mess with those... LOL... especially the one carrying the bazooka!

Message 13 of 20
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

lol - well i was "almost" telling the truth lol - exactly 1 year ago, I leased a car, my score was 716 but I only had 1 cc with a $750 CL - my wife had to co-sign with me. My lease is up in 2 years and my "target" is to be able to finance the next one on my own Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 20
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

lol - well i was "almost" telling the truth lol - exactly 1 year ago, I leased a car, my score was 716 but I only had 1 cc with a $750 CL - my wife had to co-sign with me. My lease is up in 2 years and my "target" is to be able to finance the next one on my own Smiley Wink

OFFFF to the GaRDEN Make a New Rank Called SUper Platinum  lol......BTW  Chris how did you get US Bank Platinum Rewards like what are the requirements and is that originally the US Bank Platinum card...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 15 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Poki wrote:

And I have seen them... you don't wanna mess with those... LOL... especially the one carrying the bazooka!

Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

This is where I am. I never imagined that I'd have have so many prime credit cards!
Only way I would add more is if I needed to replace one of my GE cards. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 20
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for you...when the situation is right you'll app for a card and be able to breathe easy just knowing that it will be a guaranteed approval...for now just enjoy tiptoeing thru the tulips.....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 18 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Right there with you! Lol it'd be nice to get to 0 inquiries across the board... I can only imagine haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 20
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Congratulations.

I wouldn't declare "No More Cards - Ever" at this stage though.  Apart from the super-dooper card that is coming next March, it may also be that your needs change (e.g. you need to fly frequently to a place best served by KLM, so it might make sense to get a card from them or their affiliated airlines).   But it's certainly good to get out of the habit of constantly thinking "What shall I try for next?"  Hopefully, one day I will do the same...

Agreed.

Lifestyles change over time.  The market of available cards and benefits changes over time.  And even the benefits of the cards you already have are subject to change...e.g. my Zync card went from being a pretty sweet 2x points card in various categories to a straight 1pt-per-dollar card.  

So forever is a long time.  But is helpful to cultivate that state of satisfaction with the cards you have; it helps immensely with maintaining the discipline to stay in the garden.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.