Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Luv From Walmart

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

No More Luv From Walmart

So today another 4th statement cut, so I called in for a cli the automatic service message stated could not grant a cli at this time and a letter would be sent in 10days what a bummer i requested 1,800.00 seeing if there would be a counter offer, here is the kicker so I called again just to see and requested now 1,200 and after all the prompts the phone hung up on the other end then started ringing well I hung up thinking then it was trying to connect me to customer service lol.  Has this happen to anyone else too......

I hate this new phone system for cli requests!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: No More Luv From Walmart

@tray wrote:

So today another 4th statement cut, so I called in for a cli the automatic service message stated could not grant a cli at this time and a letter would be sent in 10days what a bummer i requested 1,800.00 seeing if there would be a counter offer, here is the kicker so I called again just to see and requested now 1,200 and after all the prompts the phone hung up on the other end then started ringing well I hung up thinking then it was trying to connect me to customer service lol.  Has this happen to anyone else too......

You can call in and ask for a manual review CLI... They will ask to pull a SP TU on spot.

I didn't have any luck but I have seen others get VERY nice CLI... unlike your experience with automated (me2... I hate it!!) it has hung up on me too.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an auto CLI a few months ago.  I have the Discover/Walmart card. The limit went from $1800 to $4100.  I made some purchases back in December to take advantage of the six months 0% interest.  ionly use the card at Walmart.  I have been paying it down ever since, and will have it paid off before June 15 expiration date.  They like to see usage and paying more than just the minimum to get auto CLIs. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tray wrote:

You can call in and ask for a manual review CLI... They will ask to pull a SP TU on spot.

I didn't have any luck but I have seen others get VERY nice CLI...unlike your experience with automated (me2... I hate it!!) it has hung up on me too.

Is there a certain amount of time you must wait for a manual review? My TU is much better since my last phone CLI and since I opened a couple more GE cards 2 months ago.
Message 4 of 13
tray
Valued Contributor

Update:  First I want to thank everyone for the replies, CreditAddict you are the credit gruyuSmiley Happy I took your advice and had success

First looked up the backdoor numbers which walmart numbers which need to be revised tried the 1st number for underwriting which is incorrect 1-877-294-7548 a regular credit analyst came on who was absolutely clueless, she said if it was a flat out denial there was nothing that can be done, also saying could not speak with any underwriter either then she had the nerve after telling me this to try to sell me credit protection, I hung up and then called #1-800-301-5546 which is the business account underwriting dept he was very nice he connected me to the personal walmart general accounts underwriting dept I spoke with a rep who asked quite a few questions was granted $1,200.00 cli.

#1-800-588-4290 is walmart underwriting department hopefully a mod can add this number to the backdoor numbers thread.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tray wrote:

Update:  First I want to thank everyone for the replies, CreditAddict you are the credit gruyuSmiley Happy I took your advice and had success

First looked up the backdoor numbers which walmart numbers which need to be revised tried the 1st number for underwriting which is incorrect 1-877-294-7548 a regular credit analyst came on who was absolutely clueless, she said if it was a flat out denial there was nothing that can be done, also saying could not speak with any underwriter either then she had the nerve after telling me this to try to sell me credit protection, I hung up and then called #1-800-301-5546 which is the business account underwriting dept he was very nice he connected me to the personal walmart general accounts underwriting dept I spoke with a rep who asked quite a few questions was granted $1,200.00 cli.

#1-800-588-4290 is walmart underwriting department hopefully a mod can add this number to the backdoor numbers thread.

Now we just need to find out who and what (computer in closet) decides to upgrade accounts to Discover, Visa, Amex.. Whatever it is for that paticular store card!

I mean someone just posted yesterday about getting a $1k Dillards Amex when they really just applied thinking about Store Card... but yet I see $5k+ CL's just with store card and no option to upgrade!!

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOW, Im just speachless right now... So in today's mail that I just got it once again is my denial for CLI on my Walmart and it shows a score of 660 March 6, 2012... The same report and score I have been getting... so I was out walking the dog while opening this mail, so I call the number on the bottom of the letter and work my way through automated system without a card number and then get this lady, go through verification and then:

Me - I got a letter denying me for a CLI based on a March 8, 2012 report and out of all the GE cards, I don't understand why you wouldn't have a updated report monthly since you are providing my Fico score each month.

Her - Well I see that you are basically applying for CLI each month and I suggest that you just wait until 6 months.

Me - Well as I might agree to wait 4-6 months since the last CLI, I have ignored this normal rule because you are making this decision on a 2+ month old report.

her - Well are you reading the letter and seeing the reasons why it was declined, I would have to assume that these things are still on your report.

me - No, I have been working on my preort each month and getting more tings deleted and updated correctly.

her - Well Credit Bureaus only update every 3 months.

ME - (Cough) I'm sorry what?

her - Credit Bureaus only update your report every 3 months.

me - I'm sorry, that is not correct, they update monthly and really depending on issue and creditor they can be updated daily.

her - No, Im sorry but they do only update every 3 months.

Me- I have no idea where you would get such an idea but it is very wrong.

her- HAHA, no, this one I know for a fact.

me- Again I dont' know how you would find a "fact" like that because it's WRONG! (Then I pause... am I really in the right place thinking in my head) me -What department are you in?

her - Customer Service

me - OH, Please transfer me to underwriting.

her- hold.... 5 minutes, I spoke with underwriting and he says to escalate this call to supervisor, please hold

me - Holding thinking supervisor, in customer service or credit?.... about 5 minutes guy comes on and says "I see you were transferred to me, what seems to be concern?"

me - Well I was declined a CLI off a report that was dated march 8 and I wanted to speak to underwriting for a SP Mnaual review on the spot.

him - Well Im sorry but we have already declined that request for a cli so there would be nothing we can offer you at this time.

me - Well a computer denied my CLI, that's why Im asking to speak to underwriting not a supervisor in customer service so they could do a manual review to see about my cli.

him - Sorry sir, but as I stated you were declined and we can't help you, I can provide you with address and email for corporate if you would like to write into them, but we can't help you.

me - I know you can't help me, I told you that from the beginning, I asked for underwriting not a supervisor in customer service

him - and again im sorry but we can't help you and cant transfer you, would you likve the address or fax

me - I would like to be transfered to underwriting

him - I again am sorry but I can't grant your request

me - I have no idea why GE employees in departments that can't help the customer insist on making such statements like credit reports are only updated every 3 months and that you "Cant" transfer me to underwriting because I already had my denial.... Further more no I don't want to write the president, I want to speak to underwriting so let me just finish walking my dog and I will go upstairs and get the direct line into underwriting since you say that's not an option.

him - so if nothing else im hanging up on the call.

Funny thing is I end up with the guy that oringally told CSR that told me 3 months and he said you were asking questions about creidt updates and I don't handle that...

me- well maybe but neither does CS, you are much closer to the answer then them... he also didn't know about getting the free Fico!

I don't understand the GE disconnect with employees and departments, but at least he was nice and once I said well I was asking the question because no one knew... but the whole point was a cli

of course my reports are locked but he was like do you have a pin... I was like yes... he says if you give me that i can do a SP and review now! NEVER been asked this before! way cheaper then me unlocking for a day!

well the pin i had was not right! I assume TU must have changed it after my last unlock... Ill see tomorrow, I scan that stuff, it's in my phone... I don't have it wrong based on the letter in Jan.  so who knows... but he then went further to give me a case # which if Im understanding shows everything verified and accepted for income and disclosure, they just need access to report!

Ill update tomorrow! sigh

Actually good end to what started as SO UPSETTING! LOL

Message 7 of 13
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

WOW, Im just speachless right now...

I am too... this was crazy.  Hope it goes well for you when you call back.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha update every 3 months...classic. Good luck CA. Give em hell!
Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well got a new PIN and seems rep was incorrect about gaining access by me giving PIN, which I was thinking was weird when he said it yesterday because I have to pay to give access to frozen... why woulnd't everyone freeze if they could just hand out a pin that could be changed weekly to have access to credit!! Im not paying just yet... the $10 is not worth it to try for 3 CLI on GE accounts.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.