cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PC from Cap1 Chat. Try Another Agent, or EO?

tag
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

No PC from Cap1 Chat. Try Another Agent, or EO?

Hi everyone,

After two years with a Cap1 platinum card, Cap1 have me an unsolicited CLI from $750 to $2,250. Unfortunately, it's still a platinum card. Nearly all of my spend has migrated to Discover, where I have cash back. I want to move to a Cap1 card with some form of rewards.

I just finished a Cap1 chat, where the agent told I had no available offers and to apply for a card. I'd like to garden for a while (that's the term, right?): I have one or two CC inq(s)., a Comcast inq., a Verizon inq., six auto loan inqs. (thankfully, all within a week), and one student inq., and I want to purge most of them (and get my biglaw job) before incurring more HPs. 

Is this a case where I should trying another agent with chat? Call the EO? Give up?

Thanks for your help in advance.

(Also, after five or six or seven years, just closed one of my two FPB cards. That felt good.)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No PC from Cap1 Chat. Try Another Agent, or EO?

FB message to EO for sure. Or call. They will do a PC if not cobranded. GL!
Message 2 of 8
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

FB message to EO? Is that just a post to Cap1's FB page, or something else?

Message 3 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@sisyphus_project wrote:

FB message to EO? Is that just a post to Cap1's FB page, or something else?

Go to the Cap1 FB page and send them a message. Tell them who you are, what you want, and a phone number they can reach you at. Also, tell them when a good time to reach you is. I used this technique when I was denied a PC from Platinum to QS by the chat CSR

Message 4 of 8
p-
Valued Contributor

sisyphus_project wrote:...just finished a Cap1 chat, where the agent told I had no available offers... Is this a case where I should trying another agent with chat? Call the EO? Give up?

No.  There is an intermediate step between the Chat Reps and the EO that I discovered by accident called the Card Swap Department.

The EO gave me a sweet CLI and a PC to Green last year, but the Card Swap guys were recently able to ugrade my card to a Quicksilver World MC.  

There might be a better way to get there, but I tihnk if you do what I did in my log (linked) then you will get them.

Message 5 of 8
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

EO FB message successful! Quicksilver, here I come. Thanks for your help, everone.

Message 6 of 8
p-
Valued Contributor

@sisyphus_project wrote:

EO FB message successful! Quicksilver, here I come. Thanks for your help, everone.

Fair warning, it looks fake.  Congrats!

Message 7 of 8
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

Crazier looking than the new Discover?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.