Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Travelocity Amex CLI..need advice

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: No Travelocity Amex CLI..need advice

well, my overall util is still JUST 12% lol..it's not like any other card is even near being maxed out. In fact, I don't use like 2/3rds of the cards I even have except to keep them active by making a small charge every six months. and as I previously stated, I've been making larger payments to get it pif. I'm just going to wait until the promo period ends as crediaddict suggested. I know they do a SP and heavily weight your current credit history as well as history with them as a creditor. Furthermore, I've rec'd increases on many cards when they were near the limit (i.e. Walmart ). I'm not opening any more accounts for a while ("gardening" I am) LOL, and I'm def. working on getting my over util under 10% and to get that Barclay's down to at least 50% haha. Credit is a work in progress :-)

Thanks again :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 15
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I used the luv button on the site.  I wouldn't try it until you pay it down a bunch like  another poster suggested.  My overall util on all my cards is usually 1% or less (yes i'm that anal about balances).   Yes credit is ALWAYS a work in progress... and work is akey word there. 

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 12 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

ooooo look at you!!! lol.... I don't mind revolving a balance as long as it's 0% and I'm getting rewards haha!

I'm soooooo tempted nonetheless to use the luv button! It's always just there waiting for me! lol I'll just make myself wait though. I'm def satisfied with my current creditstanding :-)

Thanks again :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 15
codimom
Frequent Contributor

When it comes to my credit, i'm still the girl who lost weight but still see the fat chick in the mirror Smiley Happy  Its a case of I messed up SO badly before with my cards I NEVER want to go there again....(and yes, I leave that little balance on my BCE while the interest rate is still 0%)

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 14 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOLL!!! That is a funny comparison !!!!

The reason I am so anal about my credit is that I saw how my mom (even with stellar income) got refused credit all the time because she just simply did not care or remember to pay the bills...

I guess observational learning is a good way to get it tooo :-)

UGH that BCE is SUCH a pretty card!!! I just have the Travelocity Amex (no an Amex bank nacked card), which is what this discussion is about LOL

:-) Thanks again for the advice! You seem pretty nice!! :-)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.