Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No US Bank Cash+ for me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No US Bank Cash+ for me.

Hi all, I would like to share some information about this card. I opened checking account at US Bank and applied for this card at the same time. After click  apply button, I called underwriting and knew I was approved but the CLI is 3,500. It means not Cash+ card. So I told them I need Cash+ and they said they will recon for this card. 2 days latter, called and checked my application status, got approved for 5,000. They pull TU for me. My FICO score is around 680 and more than 10 inquiries in my CR.

Message 21 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I would like to share some information about this card. I opened checking account at US Bank and applied for this card at the same time. After click  apply button, I called underwriting and knew I was approved but the CLI is 3,500. It means not Cash+ card. So I told them I need Cash+ and they said they will recon for this card. 2 days latter, called and checked my application status, got approved for 5,000. They pull TU for me. My FICO score is around 680 and more than 10 inquiries in my CR.

Nice recon.

How long have you had credit cards?

There problem with me was my limited credit history, and the fact they already gave me the flexperks signature card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 40
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Dustink, I'm very sorry to hear of this news, but you still have a great credit card line-up and a lot to be proud of.  And in 6 months you will be holding the Cash+ card in your hands and it will be worth the wait.  And who knows, you might even get a starting limit higher than $5K.  Great things come to those who wait.

US Bank is advertising this card a lot, I just don't see it being gone in 6 months.  I know I will be in mourning if it does come to an end!!  I'm about to cash out my second $100 (+$25 bonus) next week after my statement cuts.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 23 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

Dustink, I'm very sorry to hear of this news, but you still have a great credit card line-up and a lot to be proud of.  And in 6 months you will be holding the Cash+ card in your hands and it will be worth the wait.  And who knows, you might even get a starting limit higher than $5K.  Great things come to those who wait.

US Bank is advertising this card a lot, I just don't see it being gone in 6 months.  I know I will be in mourning if it does come to an end!!  I'm about to cash out my second $100 (+$25 bonus) next week after my statement cuts.

I think it would just end to new applicants. Rewards might be cut back over time to card holders.

Hopefully they keep it around, it offers some good rewards.

I have been getting a lot out of the Flexperks sig, I am over 70,000 points now which is a $1400 plane ticket. I would just like to add a cash back card as well.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest card is almost 4 years. AAOA is 1.6 years. One week before I got this card I was approved for BCE.

Message 25 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My oldest card is almost 4 years. AAOA is 1.6 years. One week before I got this card I was approved for BCE.

Yeah, your credit is much better than mine.

My oldest account is just over a year, and my AAoA is measured in months. I apped for a few accounts prior to them pulling my credit report.

Congrats on your approval though! I will be there some day.

Message 26 of 40
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My oldest account is just over a year, and my AAoA is measured in months. I apped for a few accounts prior to them pulling my credit report.

APPing comes back to haunt us.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 27 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

APPing comes back to haunt us.

The wait for the next spree is just always so long.

Message 28 of 40
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I am sure they will give it to you eventually and you won't have to take a HP or hit to your AAoA with a PC.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 29 of 40
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry that you weren't able to get the Cash+ right away, but you still had a very successful app spree and came away with some nice cards to garden. Take good care of them and let them gain some age and history, and you should be in good shape to PC over to the card you really want. Remember, building credit is a process and it takes time. You're on the right track, so just keep up the good work. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.