Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No US Bank Cash+ for me.

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: No US Bank Cash+ for me.

@tinuviel wrote:

Sorry that you weren't able to get the Cash+ right away, but you still had a very successful app spree and came away with some nice cards to garden. Take good care of them and let them gain some age and history, and you should be in good shape to PC over to the card you really want. Remember, building credit is a process and it takes time. You're on the right track, so just keep up the good work. Smiley Happy

I was soo close to the cash+, but I would agree it was successful. I will garden now. Smiley Happy

What are your current credit goals? You working towards anything in particular?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 31 of 40
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Sorry that you weren't able to get the Cash+ right away, but you still had a very successful app spree and came away with some nice cards to garden. Take good care of them and let them gain some age and history, and you should be in good shape to PC over to the card you really want. Remember, building credit is a process and it takes time. You're on the right track, so just keep up the good work. Smiley Happy

I was soo close to the cash+, but I would agree it was successful. I will garden now. Smiley Happy

What are your current credit goals? You working towards anything in particular?

I'm looking at purchasing a new car sometime next year, so I want my FICO scores to be in good shape for getting a good interest rate.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 32 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

On he phone but two things from the thread albeit a bit off topic:

One's FICO AAoA calc will never go below 1 year; another thing to ignore on CK Smiley Happy

As for whether you can get a Cash+ card, it's actually regulated at the State level. If USBank has a license in any state (a branch is the best indicator but not the only one) then you can get their products; however, like almost all banks there will be spot gaps in their coverage in the US (vis a vis Chase in either Alabama or Mississippi).

        
Message 33 of 40
resilient
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@resilient wrote:
Gettnthere, I live in Georgia with not 1 US Bank in sight!

Atlanta has a branch.

LOL, like I said, not in sight. I'm in Fort Benning, 100 miles from Atlanta!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 34 of 40
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

How does this card compare to the flexperk version? I am thinking of including one of these cards on my next app spree.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 35 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
On he phone but two things from the thread albeit a bit off topic:

One's FICO AAoA calc will never go below 1 year; another thing to ignore on CK Smiley Happy

As for whether you can get a Cash+ card, it's actually regulated at the State level. If USBank has a license in any state (a branch is the best indicator but not the only one) then you can get their products; however, like almost all banks there will be spot gaps in their coverage in the US (vis a vis Chase in either Alabama or Mississippi).

Glad to know my AAoA won't change Smiley Happy

I still think CK is pretty good for being free

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 36 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

How does this card compare to the flexperk version? I am thinking of including one of these cards on my next app spree.

Check out the US Bank website and compare the two cards. Flexperks has poor cash back options, it is meant for travel. It also has less flexibility, the Cash+ lets you choose categories whereas the flexperks is fixed. The flexperks comes with a nice intro offer, but other than that...the cash+ is likely better

Message 37 of 40
JonStur
Established Contributor

Try again in six months trust me the card is worth it. I love getting cashback for paying my utilities!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 38 of 40
distantarray
Established Contributor

Are you forced to change the categories or can you sign up for the same ones over and over? I have a limited credit history but with the help of a few AU's (with limited histories as well) Since I removed all the bad items on my entire family's credit reports. I was able to get everyone a very good card (they thought credit cards were evil) so they only had a couple.

Anyways Added everyone as an AU on each family member got me a AAOA 1.9 years, and I don't know how it'll factor in after my new Amex BCP and Navy Federal GoRewards will factor in. I wonder if I should app for this card? but Kinda worried since I have a low AAOA but on credit pull database they didn't seem to care about short AAOA for some people. and my BCP and Navy hasn't posted yet =)

my credit scores are all 750+ (probably cause I have 15 cards on my report all PIF) even with short aaoa =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 39 of 40
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

wait so you cant have a cash+ if theres not a usbank around you??

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.