Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No US Bank Cash+ for me.

tag
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: No US Bank Cash+ for me.

@xboxrunner wrote:

Just looked it up, the Cash+ is indeed a good card. Now if they threw in a signup bonus then we'd be talking lol. Just stick to your plan and you'll be good to go in 6months. Smiley Very Happy

I love this card The US Bank Cash + that is, I have earned over $120.00 in 2 months most of it off of 5% cat Utilities.  Plus when I cash out $100.00 of it I will get a $25.00 gift card in the mail on top of that cash.  I swear its one of the best 5% cards on the market, I have Discover More and Chase Freedom they really top off the max cash back on cards.  BTW because my card was upgraded to Cash+ I got to keep my 7.99 interest rate Smiley Very Happy

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 11 of 40
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

To OP, just want to tell you that you are not alone man. I got denied for the US Bank Cash+ also and was given a US Bank Cash Rewards with a 4k (!) credit limit. Smiley Frustrated Guess I was just 1k away from that Cash+ huh?

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 40
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that Dustink.

Is it true that US Bank wont let you have one of their cards if they don't have a branch near you? I have one branch on the state line thats the closest one yo me but its other side of the line. I wonder if that would be good enough?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 40
resilient
Established Contributor

I, too, was.given the Cash Rewards card instead of the Cash + with a $1,500 CL almost a month ago. I couldn't talk them into upgrading to the + but they put my brand new account in for an increase, and a day later, my CL was $5k. Hopefully in 6 months, mine will be a Cash + too. Maybe they're trying to see if I'll be loyal and still use the card....
Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 14 of 40
resilient
Established Contributor

Gettnthere, I live in Georgia with not 1 US Bank in sight!
Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 15 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Hopefully in 6 months they give it to you, those 2,other 5k lines should help!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
Sorry to hear that Dustink.

Is it true that US Bank wont let you have one of their cards if they don't have a branch near you? I have one branch on the state line thats the closest one yo me but its other side of the line. I wonder if that would be good enough?

I have never heard about that. I would assume you could get the card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 17 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@SportBike4Life wrote:

To OP, just want to tell you that you are not alone man. I got denied for the US Bank Cash+ also and was given a US Bank Cash Rewards with a 4k (!) credit limit. Smiley Frustrated Guess I was just 1k away from that Cash+ huh?

Yes, I think the card offers such good rewards that they are trying to limit approvals.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 18 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@resilient wrote:
Gettnthere, I live in Georgia with not 1 US Bank in sight!

Atlanta has a branch.

Message 19 of 40
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Hopefully in 6 months they give it to you, those 2,other 5k lines should help!

They were already saying I was over extended with them and other banks with how new my credit was. I basically said, wait until you see my report in 6 months with all the new accounts haha. I still think they will be able to offer me the card later on.

To the garden! Next thing will be working on getting a SP increase on that AMEX.

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.