Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Visa Signature Benefits for PC'd Venture One Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Visa Signature Benefits for PC'd Venture One Card

I am traveling around in the next couple of months and thought that the new VentureOne card that I got PC'd would come in handy as I saw that it was Visa Signature card. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use any of the VISA Signature benefits because I PC'd it. This was the response by the rep who had to confirm this with his supervisor. I'm kicking myself as to why I had to PC the card! I guess the only good thing is the No FTF, unless that doesn't apply either. In which case, I'd ask them to convert it back to my QS. Ugh.. Was really looking forward to this! *sigh

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Visa Signature Benefits for PC'd Venture One Card

Why would you PC from QS to Venture one?  The QS has a better rewards structure and is easier to redeem...

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted a card with no FTF as I have an upcoming International trip. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 15
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

From what i understand, all cap one cards have no FTF

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted a card with no FTF as I have an upcoming International trip. Smiley Sad

Both have no FTF.

Message 5 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Seatown1two wrote:

From what i understand, all cap one cards have no FTF

+1    This used to be a key feature of Capitall One at a time when very few cards had no FTF.

Message 6 of 15
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am traveling around in the next couple of months and thought that the new VentureOne card that I got PC'd would come in handy as I saw that it was Visa Signature card. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use any of the VISA Signature benefits because I PC'd it. This was the response by the rep who had to confirm this with his supervisor. I'm kicking myself as to why I had to PC the card! I guess the only good thing is the No FTF, unless that doesn't apply either. In which case, I'd ask them to convert it back to my QS. Ugh.. Was really looking forward to this! *sigh

I don't know how up-to-date your siggy is, but it shows a $3K limit for your Venture One card.  I don't believe that Capital One will issue a Visa Signature for an account that has a CL lower than $5K.  And even when your CL reaches or passes the $5K threshold, there still isn't any guarantee that your card will be converted into a Signature version.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Except for the signup bonus (which I'm not sure if you even qualify for or not with a PC), the VentureOne is inferior to the Quicksilver in every single possible way. I would PC back if possible to QS if possible.

PS None of Capital One's cards charge foreign transaction fees.

Message 8 of 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

QS is a better travel card than V1--better rewads and easier redemption. I really don't understand the purpose of V1's existence.

Message 9 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

A few things - your CL has to be at least $5k with Capital One to have a Visa Signature. AFAIK, they're pretty rigid about this. The second thing is, just because your CL is increased over 5k does not mean you're automatically converted to a Signature product. This happened to me - I was increased to 6k, but nothing happened otherwise. I had to call the EO and honestly, play phone tag for two weeks to get my Signature. I hesitate to say it was worth the hassle, but if you really want the benefits, that's the path you need to take. You won't be automatically switched to Signature just because of a limit increase.

Also, yes, I'm going to echo the above users - why would you PC to a less useful product? The QS earns 1.5% cash redeemable for anything (even travel). The Venture One earns 1.25% ONLY redeemable against travel (if you do redeem on other things you get nerfed bigtime on the points). With that being the case, why would you want a Venture One instead? There is no advantage, and I feel the "travel" marketing of these cards misleads people into thinking there is something better about them for travel when there is not. It's all marketing.

All Cap One cards have no FTF so that part doesn't matter.

Do your homework before requesting a PC next time. I hate to be harsh, but had you looked into it and read about each card, you would (should) have realized that there's no advantage to the Venture One. This is happening a lot on here lately, seemingly with the Venture One and Venture cards (and Arrival, Arrival+, etc). People seem to think there is some magical travel benefit to them. It is purely marketing. Do your research. If you are wanting Venture/Venture One/Arrival+/Arrival, you are 95% of the time going to be better off with a cash back card like QS or Double Cash. The only exception is if you spend a ton on an Arrival+, to offset the AF and to make up the 0.2% extra you're getting (2.2%).

In short, cash back cards are usually better than these "fixed" so called "travel" cards.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.