New Contributor
emasta

No biggie, but HSBC decreased the cash advance limit

I have a Plat. HSBC that used to have $1700 cash advance limit that was just lowered to $850.  My orchard was also lowered from $400 to $150.

I dont care about cash advances, but wanted to give a heads up!  My credit line is still good... thank goodness.  Dont touch that HSBC!!! 

Established Contributor
plasticguy

Re: No biggie, but HSBC decreased the cash advance limit

I have 3 HSBC cards. The only one that had a cash reduction was the Direct Merchants Bank Card. $6250 cut in half The limit of 12k is still there. The other card is a GM issued by HSBC limit and cash is 16K and the HSBC Platinum Card is 6k, cash limit same
Valued Member
BooBee

I noticed the same thing on my HSBC card but like you I don't care about the cash advances (I just shred those pin numbers as soon as I get them).
Senior Contributor
score_building

there have been a couple of recent threads.  here's another one:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=137158&query.id=30109...

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Frequent Contributor
iltph

Mine was decreased from $300 to $75. The odd thing is that this was the first time I ever (in 12+ years) thought of taking cash out. My rent was due the other day and I was going to take out some extra $ then pay it off when I get paid this weekend. Oh well. :smileysad:
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
New Visitor
sladeltd

I have an HSBC mastercard, never late, $8500 credit limit, keep a revolving %10 balance which I pay off every month.  I have $658 on it right now and just logged in this morning to pay it off and my credit limit dropped to $560!!!!!  I called HSBC and I got a southeast asian man that couldnt answer my questions as to why it was lowered and no one told me, all he said is that it was a "business decision"

Now Im $98 over limit which they said would not affect my credit and there are no fees applied but I expect to get screwed over this.  Of course Im upset and want to close it but this is my oldest account at 6 years old.  Closing my account with them isnt going to hurt them, no on will blink and eye but it will hurt me.  But I do plan on never using the card again knowing that my credit limit could drop at any minute for no reason.

Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Several forum members have posted about this recently. I guess HSBC is feeling the effects of the crunch like every other CCC.
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+